JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
The Electrical Engineer designs, develops and maintains electrical systems and/or components to required specifications, focusing on economy, safety, reliability, quality and sustainability.
- Performs design work for new construction, renovations and improvement projects for real property facilities
- Interprets and adapts traditional methods and approaches in developing design calculations, layouts, drawings, and specifications that support project objectives and standards
- Responsible for selected construction inspections, quality control and submittal reviews beyond the expertise of construction managers
- Develops cost estimates and time schedules, Reviews and analyzes preliminary and final designs, plans and specifications for technical efficiency and adequacy
- Prepares necessary correspondence, technical reports, contract documents, fact sheets and status reports and prepares final construction drawings suitable for obtaining qualified bids from Contractors
- Monitors and/or manages projects for new construction, renovations and improvements to real property facilities, utilizing a professional knowledge of engineering
- Responsible for the correct and efficient execution of assigned work involving the installation, removal, inspection, maintenance and repair of all electrical systems, distribution systems and fixtures
- Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in the assembly, installation and repair of electrical cables, systems power distribution systems, distribution panels, inspections, etc
- Secures the cooperation of other crafts/trades supervisors and to instill within the assigned electrical staff the cooperative attitude necessary for working closely with other maintenance trade workers
- May at times be obligated to perform actual maintenance and repair work
- Complies with health, safety and environmental rules and procedures and performs work in a manner that enhances the safety of the work environment
- Perform other qualified duties as assigned
- Living and working conditions at the assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable
- Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions
- Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Minimum Requirements:
- Electrical Engineering degree required
- Minimum four (4) years of design experience and be capable of complete design and investigative services including electric power distribution networks, power load determination, exterior electric, interior electric, fire alarm systems, and site lighting.
- Should have have experience in controls systems designs.
- Preference will be given to individuals who have worked on US Government and Military domestic and international projects.
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD 2012 or later and have experience with power system analysis software.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret US Government Clearance. Note: US Citizenship is required to obtain a Secret Clearance.
- Excellent communications, effective leadership and interpersonal skills
- Capable of complete design services including electric power distribution networks, power load determination, exterior electric, interior electric, and site lighting
- Working knowledge of Design Review, Project Mobilization, Quality Compliance, QA, Safety, Project Controls, and Capture Management
- Proficient in AutoCAD 2009 or later, and use AutoCAD to create presentable and accurate facility and infrastructure plans for concept and statement of work requirements for project execution
- Computer literate; can use Microsoft Office and Project, etc
- Additional knowledge/skills may be required by contract or assignment
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Amentum is a premier global technical and engineering services partner supporting critical programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and environment. We draw from a century-old heritage of operational excellence, mission focus, and successful execution underpinned by a strong culture of safety and ethics.