JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
• Assembling, evaluating, testing, and maintaining electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, and apparatus.
• Troubleshooting and repairing malfunctioning equipment, appliances, and apparatus.
• Constructing and fabricating parts, using hand tools and specifications.
• Reading and interpreting electrical and electronic circuit blueprints, diagrams, and schematics.
• Advising management on continued use of unsuitable equipment, appliances, and apparatus.
• Supervising electricians.
• Ordering of electrical supplies and equipment.
• 2-year electrical, technical, or related degree.
• Completion of an electrical apprenticeship.
• At least 2 years' experience as an electrical technician.
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
• Good communication skills.
• Experience operating hand and power tools, soldering and fault-testing equipment.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The United Steel Industrial Company (Kuwait Steel) is a private Kuwaiti Closed Shareholding Industrial Company that was established in the year 1996. Kuwait Steel is headquartered in Kuwait, a Middle Eastern country situated along the Arabian Peninsula, which is a prime, diverse and auspicious environment, full of opportunities and capacity for corporate growth. Predominantly, we strive to manufacture and deliver a wide range of value-added steel products to serve the expanding steel market, locally and at a global scale. Throughout the years, Kuwait Steel has become partners with a wide range of industries and sectors, including construction, industrial, oil and gas companies, with the aim of promoting sustainable development and growth. The company has been founded on the aspiration to deliver and produce high-quality steel products, made possible through innovative research, and to ensure present-day society manages to resolve current needs without having to compromise the demands and requirements needed for the future generation.
We pride ourselves in operating in a manner that reflects honesty, integrity, reliability and most importantly, consistency, which ensures that we achieve, sustain and maintain trust and integrity in the steel industry, without compromising our high standards in delivering customers' steel needs.
Although Kuwait has relied on oil as its main source of income, recently, the objective and aim of the government has been to transform and diversify the economy by becoming less reliant on oil, making this the ideal opportunity for the steel industry to thrive within an attractive and exciting business environment for Kuwait Steel.