JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.?
Coordinates all estimating activities on assigned project(s). Exercises a strong working knowledge of home office services, field indirects, and craft labor using a background of diversified experience and familiarity with typical project controls software such as DMCS (Document and Material Control System).Must have a clear understanding of, and ability to work with, engineering drawings and specifications.
Develop estimating procedures for the Alliance, execute and supervise estimates for modifications and additions to the clients facilities. The estimates are to include all phases of execution of the work from front end engineering through to closeout. During the pre-engineering phase the estimator will compare estimates of alternative solutions and provide input to selection of the adopted option.
- Prepares material takeoffs on the most complex projects, drawings, and plans. Reviews takeoffs provided by the Engineering Department and checks for mathematical and technical accuracy.
- Develop procedures for the preparation of estimates for modifications and additions to the onshore and offshore facility.
- Prepare and/or supervise the preparation of estimates in accordance with the approved procedure for all phases of the works from the agreed engineering deliverables to the appropriate level of accuracy.
- Receive the engineering estimate from the lead/project engineer for each modification/addition and incorporate into the overall estimate for all phases of the work.
- Prepare rationale statements to support the estimate identifying areas of weakness and or areas of risk.
- Carry out validation and verification of the estimates using high level norms and by comparing with previous estimates, outcome costs and vendor prices.
- Continuously monitor the performance of the estimating process as part of the KPIs for the contract.
- From evaluation of the KPI data identify and make recommendations for improvement of the process.
- Assists in training, developing, and maintaining a staff of estimators qualified to carry out departmental and project needs.
- Assigns estimating personnel to projects and supervises their activities, reviewing work produced for accuracy.
- Reviews contractual documents and modifications to determine scope of work and scope of changes.
- Assists project management with preparation of schedules for estimate preparation, review, and publication.
- Develops forms, formats, and procedures to improve the quality of work produced in the Department.
- Interfaces directly with clients.
- Leads a small estimating organization of 1 to 4 employees who are qualified to perform capital cost estimating requirements.
- Serves as a part of the Company's Quality Improvement Team.
- Accumulates, evaluates, and documents historical cost data and construction procedures and methods in order to maintain current estimating standards and data bases.
- Completes other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- Quality Assurance - Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance system relevant to the BU, etc
- Safety - Responsible for personal safety safe working practices for the BU, etc . Understand and follow OH&S procedures.
- BA/BS degree or Diploma in Science, Finance, Accounting
What we offer you
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.