JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Job Title: Gas Operations Specialist
My client is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Specialist in Gas Operations to join their team. As a Specialist in Gas Operations, you will play a critical role in shaping the competency and expertise of the workforce, ensuring that they maintain their position as an industry leader.
As a Specialist in Gas Operations, you will fulfil a wide range of duties within your area, including but not limited to:
• First Line Oversight: Act as the first line of oversight for contractor instructors within your job family. Manage works, schedules, personnel planning and deliverables as directed by the Superintendent's Representative.
• Competency Framework Review: Review the current Company Competency frameworks, including competency descriptors, proficiency levels, learning options, etc., in relation to Job Family Job Descriptions. Conduct benchmarking against other major National Oil Companies (NOC’s) / major International Oil Companies (IOC’s). This should be conducted on a 2-yearly basis in line with the current Personnel Development Plan (PDP) cycle or as directed.
• Recommendations: Provide recommendations for updating the Competency Frameworks, recognizing the need for Knowledge, Skill & Application elements, in line with Company needs and international best practices.
• Learning Options: Recommend updates to the Learning Options, including the rationalization of delivery methods, learning titles, and the inclusion of e-learning where appropriate (both in-house and external).
• Alignment with Competency Frameworks: Ensure that all technical training developed within the OTPD Team is aligned with and linked to the relevant Competency Frameworks and reflected in the Learning Options.
• Gap Analysis: Act as a Reviewer in the Gap Analysis Discussion (GAD) process as part of the PDP cycle.
• Verification: Act as an 'external' verifier for On-the-Job Training (OJT) and in-house Course assessments.
• Quality Assurance: Work with other relevant members of the OTPD to quality assure the technical content for in-house courses developed within the OTPD Team or other external courses defined for GAD / Personal Development Plan (PDP), international Attachments, etc.
• Graduate Engineer and Diploma Technician Programs: Collaborate with other relevant members of the OTPD and the wider Company Learning & Development Community to review and update the Under Development (UD) and Under Training (UT) programs for Graduate Engineers and Diploma Technicians, respectively.
• Liaison: Liaise with other OTPD team members and Company Operational Teams regarding specific technical courses and vendor training.
• Reporting: Provide data input for weekly, quarterly, and monthly reporting required by the Team Leader OTPD.
• Competency Framework Updates: Review and update the technical Competency frameworks, including training catalogues, and load them into Company designated systems (e.g., ULMS) in line with Company processes and the business environment. This should be completed and successfully implemented within thirty-six (36) months from the date of commencement of the contract and aligned with revisions to in-house training modules.
• Training Catalogue: Work with Instructors (Contractor & KOC) to review, recommend, and update OTPD technical training catalogues and content, supporting the timeline laid out for Instructors' roles in this process.
• Support Initiatives: Support other Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), Seniors, and the Team Leader on any relevant initiatives, including providing reporting statistics, input to e-Learning modules, competency assurance, new Learning ideas, etc.
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant field.
• Extensive experience in gas operations or a related field.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team and independently.
• Knowledge of industry best practices and trends.
• Proficiency in relevant software and systems.
• Commitment to safety and compliance.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
At Culture, we're more than just recruitment. We're a family, a team and we're damn good at what we do.
We know it's cliche, but for us, it's not a numbers game. We're here to build real connections with each and every one of our partners, clients and candidates. It's about making a difference - to someone's career, to a business's bottom line, to a person's life.
Each of our consultants come to work every day for different reasons, but what it boils down to is that whoever we're working with, we actually give a sh*t.
We care about the future of the candidates we place, we care about the growth of the businesses that we work with and we care about our team, because without them, our business just wouldn't work.