JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Work in Kuwait is contingent upon the applicant's ability to obtain a work permit from the State of Kuwait, which is requested on the applicant's behalf by their employer. Effective January 1, 2021, the Kuwait Public Authority of Manpower issued new work permit regulations, informing contractors that it will not issue a work permit to any individual who is fifty-nine (59) years or older and holds a high school grade certificate or less. A bachelor's degree or higher is required for all candidates fifty-nine (59) years or older. See Administrative Decision No. (520) of 2020 AD - Amendment to the Administrative Decision No. (552) of 2018 on Issuing the Work Permit Regulations. Candidates with a current Visa 18 (residency visa) are excluded from the education requirement.
Purpose: Gunsmith III-Small Arms Repairer is responsible for the quality assurance, inspection on a wide range of small arms equipment. Gunsmith III-Small Arms will perform inspections, identify deficiencies and malfunctions in shotguns, carbines, automatic rifles, submachine guns, machine guns, mortars, recoilless rifles and other small arms / accessories.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs detailed disassembly, assembly, inspection, cleaning, maintenance, PMCS, gauging and minor repairs of foreign / domestic small arms and accessories.
- Completes basic shop administrative forms and records utilizing technical manuals.
- The Small Arms repairer performs, trains, and supervises various duties which includes inspection, maintenance and repair of Small Arms Weapons.
- Performs publication and catalogue updates, tool / capital equipment maintenance, inventories, calibration control, weapons cleaning and organizational level weapons maintenance.
- Replace barrels, firing pins, springs, trigger mechanisms, shell ejectors, sights, safety devices, bolts, stocks and other parts / assemblies.
- Possesses knowledge of the tools (i.e. hammers, punches, files, stones, etc.) and gauges needed to perform assigned duties, has limited knowledge in the operation of gun-smiting machinery such as lathes, milling machines, surface grinders, etc., as well as limited knowledge of tooling used with those machines.
- Inspects for defects, troubleshoot mechanical misalignments and malfunctions.
- Correctly use hand and machine tools, precision gauges, test instruments, jigs and alignment devices in making repairs and adjustments.
- Conduct pre-checks of weapon serviceability prior to the Quality Control Inspection.
- Prep, Issue, Check and turn-in Work Order packets to Production Control.
- Verify faults and deficiencies found by lower-level employees and ensure proper part identification and paperwork are completed, IAW company policies.
- Applies operational checks of repaired weapons to assure safety, accuracy and ease of operation.
- Adhere to ISO Policies, Procedures, and Work Instructions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 5 years of recent experience in repairing and maintaining armament equipment
- 3 years of recent experience in Direct Support Shop in Small Arms Repair, to include Mortars, Heavy and Light Crew Served Weapons.
- US Army MOS 45B/91F, USMC 2111, Navy Gunner's Mate (GM) Navy Enlisted Classification (NEC) 0812 or 0814, Air Force Specialty Code (AFSC) 3P0X1B requires DD214 for verification or civilian gunsmithing certification required.
Specialized Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Has basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. Know shop status codes and work order functions. GCSS-Army knowledge a plus AESIP (LIW) knowledge.
- Has knowledge of basic shop safety procedures needed to work in a small arms environment, performs support functions for the shop, to include bead blasting and preparing metal parts for refinishing.
Certification & License:
- Driver's license required.
- Tier 1 NACI required for all U.S. Citizens.
- Must be U.S. Citizen.
Facility credentials/authorization required : Must be able to obtain and maintain facility credentials/authorization.
Note: U.S. Citizenship is required to for facility credentials/authorization at this work location.
Work Environment, Physical Demands & Mental Demands:
- Ability to perform job duties efficiently and effectively.
- Must be able to work in extreme environmental conditions including dust and high temperatures.
- Must be able to endure long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
Safety - Amentum enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Amentum Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable Amentum Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
This position description indicates the general nature and level of work expected. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required. Employee may be asked to perform other duties as required.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Amentum is a premier global technical and engineering services partner supporting critical programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and environment. We draw from a century-old heritage of operational excellence, mission focus, and successful execution underpinned by a strong culture of safety and ethics.