JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Work in Kuwait is contingent upon the applicant's ability to obtain a work permit from the State of Kuwait, which is requested on the applicant's behalf by their employer. Effective January 1, 2021, the Kuwait Public Authority of Manpower issued new work permit regulations, informing contractors that it will not issue a work permit to any individual who is fifty-nine (59) years or older and holds a high school grade certificate or less. A bachelor's degree or higher is required for all candidates fifty-nine (59) years or older. See Administrative Decision No. (520) of 2020 AD - Amendment to the Administrative Decision No. (552) of 2018 on Issuing the Work Permit Regulations.
Purpose: Heavy Equipment Mechanic Supervisor is responsible for all MRAP and Wheel maintenance operations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures all quality standards and metrics are met, work is properly completed, and environmental standards are upheld in coordination with Maintenance plan.
- Manages assigned resources necessary to accomplish the mission.
- Enforces strict adherence to technical data and management procedures.
- Adjusts resources to meet production requirements.
- Manages the special certification roster.
- Ensures accurate daily documentation of maintenance actions.
- Reviews and evaluates management and production effectiveness.
- Initiates management actions to meet new workloads or correct reported/perceived deficiencies.
- Participates in the maintenance planning cycle.
- Ensures only qualified personnel accomplish maintenance with the appropriate equipment and tools.
- Ensures compliance with safety directives, appropriate occupational safety and health standards, and applicable industrial safety publications. Those occupational training requirements that require documentation will be annotated on the appropriate records.
- Ensures scheduled and unscheduled maintenance actions are entered and completed in the MIS.
- Advises the production supervision of conditions that may disrupt the orderly and controlled execution of the maintenance plan.
- Adhere to AECOM Policies, Procedures, and Work Instructions.
- Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have a comprehensive knowledge of maintenance repairs on a variety of equipment and at least seven (7) years of supervisory experience with a comprehensive knowledge of governing regulations, policies, procedures and instructions in maintenance management.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of governing regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Must have a comprehensive knowledge of the Logistics STAMIS in use and must have the ability to supervisor mechanics, provide information, reports, resolve issues, recommend actions to improve delivery of service, coordinate special requirements with production control and shift leads.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and analytical skills.
- Must possess the appropriate verbal and written communications to conduct meetings, evaluate plans, and prepare reports, plans and working instructions.
Certification, License & Clearance:
- Driver's license may be required.
- Ability to obtain SAAR approval for NIPR access required.
- Tier 1 NACI required for all U.S. Citizens.
Facility credentials/authorization required : Must be able to obtain and maintain facility credentials/authorization.
Note: U.S. Citizenship is required to for facility credentials/authorization at this work location.
Work Environment, Physical Demands & Mental Demands:
- Ability to perform job duties efficiently and effectively.
- Must be able to work in extreme environmental conditions including dust and high temperatures.
- Must be able to endure long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 Lbs.
Safety - Company enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Quality Policy and carry out job activities in
compliance with applicable Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
This position description indicates the general nature and level of work expected. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required. Employee may be asked to perform other duties as required.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Amentum is a premier global technical and engineering services partner supporting critical programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and environment. We draw from a century-old heritage of operational excellence, mission focus, and successful execution underpinned by a strong culture of safety and ethics.