JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success.
To effectively manage and provide technical direction to their Commissioning Engineering team or teams to assure the design integrity of a specific project or projects including team performance within stated budget and schedule constraints.
Overseeing the commissioning activities in the interior in a safe manner, within budget, on time and in accordance with the applicable Company Procedures and Technical Specifications
- - Review the scope of construction and identify any possible anomalies during construction.
- Input commissioning expertise into the design process.
- Monitor the HSE performance of all commissioning contractors in the area (against the Departmental, Project or Contract HSE Plan) and to ensure that all work sites under his control are operating in a safe manner.
- Review marked-up as built drawings (PEFS) of the completed construction before commissioning and handover to Operations. Highlight any deviations from the original design to the Head of Construction.
- Manage Vendors field or specialist commissioning engineers.
- Encourage intra-discipline and inter-discipline communication, to facilitate effective project collaboration. In particular, establish good communications with the project management team.
- Able to deal professionally, fairly and ethically with third parties such as vendors and contractors with due regard to commercial and contractual responsibilities.
- Promote the understanding and application of risk management techniques within the discipline.
- Monitor the installation progress against the schedule and ensure that any required commissioning activities are planned and scheduled appropriately.
- Manage site precommissioning, commissioning and performance testing of system (s).
- Closeout of the commissioning documentation including punchlist, ITP and handover certificates.
- Monitor the performance of the system after handover until full asset acceptance
- Provide technical Input into commissioning work packs within discipline. Feedback from team members and quality of commissioning work packs.
- Degree in an engineering discipline (B.Sc.) or HND 24 years experience
- Minimum 12 years total post graduation experience.
- Minimum of 10 years post graduation experience in oil and gas projects
- Minimum of 5 years post graduation experience as commissioning engineer involving oil & gas projects
- Must have pre commissioning, commissioning and performance testing experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead teams of engineers and designers in the execution of projects.
- Sound technical knowledge of the discipline
- Significant prior experience with a major engineering design services provider
- Some 'hands-on' experience in a construction or operating plant environment would be well regarded
What we offer you
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.