JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Lead Contracts Engineer I
Lead Contracts Engineer I
Position Reports to : Projects Contracts Manager
- Responsible for pre-award activities including bid preparation, processing queries from bidders from bidders, preparation of bid evaluation programmes, evaluation of bids, negotiation and award and Contract preparation.
- Responsible for post-award activities including conducting kick-off meetings, coordinating all contract submittal and correspondence, preparation and processing of Adjustment Orders, claims and close out. Experienced in Contract enhancement procedures.
- Responsible for pre - award activities including bid invitation preparation, processing queries from bidders, preparation of bid evaluation programmes, evaluation of bids, negotiation, contract preparation and award formalities;
- Responsible for post - award activities including conducting kick - off meetings, coordinating all contract submittals and correspondence, preparation and processing of variation orders, claims and close out;
- Manages the drafting of Invitation to Tender packages for contracts for large O&G facilities projects. Review and, if necessary, proposes comments on and propose alternative text/clauses to client contract conditions;
- Reviews issues with legal, risk management, tax, and accounting personnel as a condition precedent to submitting to management for approval;
- Functions as a part of a negotiating team consisting of project management staff, to establish the terms and conditions of a contract;
- Monitors and ensures the business provisions of assigned contracts are administered to ensure compliance with contractual terms and conditions. Keeps the Projects Contracts Manager advised as to the scope, financial, and risk features of applicable contracts;
- Ensures documentation to negotiate change orders are properly produced and maintained;
- Prepares letters to clients requesting approvals and interpretations necessary to comply with the provisions of the contract;
- Ensure project/facility acceptance documents are prepared and are followed through and that acceptances are signed by the client;
- Furnishes business and financial information requested by the client concerning the project, as delegated by the Project Manager;
- Identifies contractual problems and take appropriate action to ensure a satisfactory resolution. Follows up on those problems which demand management attention, to ensure timely response to the client; and
- Management of Contract Quality standards.
- Bachelor Science in Engineering
- Minimum 15 years total post graduation experience
- Minimum 5 years post graduation experience in oil and gas projects
- Minimum 8 years experience in similar role
- Extensive knowledge of Contractual Terms & Conditions and Commercial Contract Law;
- Excellent understanding & extensive experience of the procurement and contract administration processes and principles from preparation and issue of Bidders Lists, Contracting Plans and bid invitation package preparation through to award, administration and close out of Contracts;
- Strong grasp of procedural requirements & necessity of providing an Audit Trail for Management purposes; and
- Must have membership of any reputable professional association.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
We deliver science, technology and engineering solutions to governments and companies around the world. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people performing diverse, complex and mission critical roles in 34 countries.
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long-term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.