JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Lead Design Engineer I - Mechanical
Lead Engineer I - Mechanical
Position Reports to : Mechanical Engineering Discipline Head
- To ensure mechanical equipment design integrity whilst leading the mechanical equipment engineering group on specific projects.
- To provide specialist rotating equipment input to conceptual studies, FEEDs and detailed design for oil & gas developments.
- Ensure that design is fully compliant with Project Specification and client, international and local standards.
- Preparation of specifications for, and evaluation of, rotating equipment packages.
- Perform engineering design as required.
- Duties will include conceptual design and specification of rotating and packaged equipment and review of EPC's detailed designs, technical bid evaluation and vendor documentation.
- Allocate work to team members.
- Ensure that within assigned team, personnel work within their competencies and with appropriate supervision.
- Quality Assurance
- Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance system.
- Safety - Responsible for personal safety safe working practices. Understand and follow OH&S procedures.
- Ensure that conceptual and detail design work is appropriate for the complexity of the construction tasks and achieving a good balance between design costs and implementation costs.
- Evidence of feedback from supervisors and/or superintendents that constructability issues are addressed adequately in design and that work packs contain sufficient detail with no unnecessary content.
- Conduct site investigations, prepare reports.
- Hands on experience with large gas turbine driven compressors, pumps, generators packages is mandatory. Experience of other packaged equipment is desirable.
- Experience with the development of layouts for new facilities
- Experienced in the specification for, evaluation of and documentation for rotating equipment packages in a PMC environment would be advantageous.
- Ability to work in accordance with broad technical guidelines and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work on multiple assignments to tight deadlines and prioritisation of work to achieve them.
- Engineering Degree in a relevant discipline
- 15 years of total post graduation experience
- 10 years mechanical design experience in the Oil & Gas environment
- 5 years in the stated designation
- Minimum 2 years experience with KBR in the similar position
- A minimum of 3 years in automation software for the specialty.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
We deliver science, technology and engineering solutions to governments and companies around the world. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people performing diverse, complex and mission critical roles in 34 countries.
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long-term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.