JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.
To provide environmental management services to the various Worley Safety & Risk Management clients.
Clients can be internal Worley business units or external clients.
To be responsible for the performance of projects assigned to both in terms of technical capability and also commercial performance of the project.
To promote Worley Safety & Risk Management to clients to achieve follow-on work with existing clients and new work with prospective clients.
Specific accountabilities are listed below.
- Develop environmental strategies for project approvals.
- Co-ordinate and manage regulatory approval processes.
- Identify requirements for, and scope, of required environmental studies.
- Undertake appropriate Environmental Impact Assessment of projects.
- Network and inter-discipline departments. Interface management with the client.
- Conduct Environmental HAZID workshops and develop environmental risk registers.
- Contribute to HAZOP workshops as required.
- Contribute to Formal Safety Assessments.
- Co-ordinate reliability studies, including FMEA and RAM, where applicable to environmental aspects
- Review environmental criteria in design phases of projects.
- Develop, or contribute to, Environmental Management Systems and associated management plans.
- Peer review specialist sub-contractor work as required.
- Ability to identify and raise suite of Project Procedures & Deliverables.
- CTR Management & progress reporting.
- Estimation of work scopes & CTR.
- Manage a team of professional and technical people.
- Act as mentor to graduate, design and project engineers, technicians and technical specialists.
- Liaise with the local community and other stakeholders on all consulting matters.
- Quality Assurance - Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance system relevant to the Safety & Risk Department .
- Safety - Responsible for personal safety safe working practices for the Safety & Risk Department . Understand and follow OH&S procedures.
- Shall have experience in identifying environmental hazards and evaluating risks.
- Should be familiar with the necessary engineering and organizational controls required to prevent damage to the environment
- Should have experience in environmental issues in design, construction or operation of oil & gas installations, including handling permits for plants, utilities, water treatment, waste water treatment, petrochemicals, oil field production and related hazardous disposals.
- Shall be capable of assisting / preparing Environmental Impact Assessment, Environmental Control for projects and ensure compliance during all stages of the project
- 10 Years Minimum.
- BSc in Environmental Science or other related discipline.
Industry experience gained either as a consultant or industry employee.
What we offer you
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.