JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Work in Kuwait is contingent upon the applicant's ability to obtain a work permit from the State of Kuwait, which is requested on the applicant's behalf by their employer. Effective January 1, 2021, the Kuwait Public Authority of Manpower issued new work permit regulations, informing contractors that it will not issue a work permit to any individual who is fifty-nine (59) years or older and holds a high school grade certificate or less. A bachelor's degree or higher is required for all candidates fifty-nine (59) years or older. See Administrative Decision No. (520) of 2020 AD - Amendment to the Administrative Decision No. (552) of 2018 on Issuing the Work Permit Regulations. Candidates with a current Visa 18 (residency visa) are excluded from the education requirement.
Purpose: Provides Movement Transportation Control Support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides movement control support for surface, air and vessel movement of cargo through the U.S. Military Transportation System.
- Leads subordinates on the daily operations.
- Identifies and troubleshoots problem areas in movement and recommends solutions to management. Works closely with customers to ensure desired movement objectives, priorities, and schedules are met and communicated to management.
- Prepares, compiles, and submits reports on work activities, operations, and production.
- Confers with customers, supervisors, contractors, and other personnel to exchange information and resolve problems.
- May be required to perform seaport, airport, A/DACG, HTD, HAZMAT and other movement control support functions.
- Responsible for operating Transportation Coordinators Automated Information for Movement System (TC-AIMS).
- Responsible for operating Integrated Computerized Deployment System (ICODES) Air Load Planning module.
- Builds Unit Line Number Responsible for operating TIPS Write Software to write Radio Frequency Identification Tags (RFID Tags) for equipment being processed for Movement.
- (ULN) Packets for submission to the (JOPES) Joint Operations Planning and Execution System.
- Responsible for receiving, validating, and processing all Transportation Movement Request (TMR) and Air Movement Request (AMR) for equipment transiting, origination and terminating assigned MCT Area of Responsibility. Coordinates between MCT functions to ensure efficient, timely, cost effective support to the customer.
- Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Education:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 2 years of Movement Transportation Control and Coordination experience required.
- Load Planner experience preferred.
- Prior experience with TC-AIMS, TIPS WRITE, and ICODES preferred.
- US Army MOS 88N preferred.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Must have knowledge of movement request through the proper Port of Embarkation (POE) and Port of Debarkation (POD) to ensure the proper abbreviated MIL codes are used.
- Ability to make adjustments in procedures and operations to accomplish work effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to prioritize work.
- Must be familiar with Army Information Management Systems for Movement to include knowledge and expertise in the Army Transportation System.
- Must be able to work effectively with all levels of employees.
- Requires a collaborative work style that fosters cooperation and teamwork.
Certification, License & Clearance:
- Valid Driver's License is required.
- Secret Clearance is required.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
Active Clearance is required : Must have an active Tier 3 Secret U.S. Government clearance.
Note: U.S. Citizenship is required to obtain a Tier 3 Secret clearance.
Work Environment, Physical Demands and Mental Demands:
- Ability to perform job duties efficiently and effectively.
- Must be able to work in extreme environmental conditions including dust and high temperatures.
- Must be able to endure long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
Safety - Amentum enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Amentum Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable Amentum Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
This position description indicates the general nature and level of work expected. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required. Employee may be asked to perform other duties as required.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Amentum is a premier global technical and engineering services partner supporting critical programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and environment. We draw from a century-old heritage of operational excellence, mission focus, and successful execution underpinned by a strong culture of safety and ethics.