JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Mechanical Engineer performs engineering duties in planning and designing tools, engines, machines, and other mechanically functioning equipment. Oversee installation, operation, maintenance, and repair of equipment such as centralized heat, gas, water, and steam systems.
- Designing and implementing cost-effective equipment modifications to help improve safety, reliability and throughput
- Performs design work for new construction, renovations and improvement projects for real property facilities
- Interprets and adapts traditional methods and approaches in developing design calculations, layouts, drawings, and specifications that support project objectives and standards
- Responsible for selected construction inspections, quality control and submittal reviews beyond the expertise of construction managers
- Develops cost estimates and time schedules, Reviews and analyzes preliminary and final designs, plans and specifications for technical efficiency and adequacy
- Prepares necessary correspondence, technical reports, contract documents, fact sheets and status reports and prepares final construction drawings suitable for obtaining qualified bids from Contractors
- Prepares Architect and Engineer (A&E) Statements of Work (SOW), serves as a technical representative for negotiation and/or administration of contracts
- Monitors and/or manages projects for new construction, renovations and improvements to real property facilities, utilizing a professional knowledge of engineering
- Complies with health, safety and environmental rules and procedures and performs work in a manner that enhances the safety of the work environment
- Living and working conditions at the assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable
- Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions
- Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions
- Mechanical Engineering degree required, licensed mechanical engineer preferred.
- Must have a minimum of four (4) years of design experience and be capable of providing mechanical design service including determination of HVAC loads, equipment selection, duct sizing and routing, interior plumbing design, and exterior plumbing design.
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD 2012 or later.
- Experience in the use of documents relating to the development of projects, contracting, and construction is necessary
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Must have an Active Secret US Government Clearance. Note: US Citizenship is required to maintain a Secret Clearance.
- Excellent communications, effective leadership and interpersonal skills
- Able to provide mechanical design service including determination of HVAC loads, equipment selection, duct sizing and routing, and interior plumbing design
- Working knowledge of Design Review, Project Mobilization, Quality Compliance, QA, Safety, Project Controls, and Capture Management
- Proficient in AutoCAD 2009 or later, and use AutoCAD to create presentable and accurate facility and infrastructure plans for concept and statement of work requirements for project execution
- Computer literate; can use Microsoft Office and Project, etc
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Amentum is a premier global technical and engineering services partner supporting critical programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and environment. We draw from a century-old heritage of operational excellence, mission focus, and successful execution underpinned by a strong culture of safety and ethics.