JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Work in Kuwait is contingent upon the applicant's ability to obtain a work permit from the State of Kuwait, which is requested on the applicant's behalf by their employer. Effective January 1, 2021, the Kuwait Public Authority of Manpower issued new work permit regulations, informing contractors that it will not issue a work permit to any individual who is fifty-nine (59) years or older and holds a high school grade certificate or less. A bachelor's degree or higher is required for all candidates fifty-nine (59) years or older. See Administrative Decision No. (520) of 2020 AD - Amendment to the Administrative Decision No. (552) of 2018 on Issuing the Work Permit Regulations. Candidates with a current Visa 18 (residency visa) are excluded from the education requirement.
Purpose: Identifies sources for materials and equipment, evaluates the capabilities and performance of suppliers, and selects qualified suppliers based upon their ability to provide competitive pricing, acceptable terms, appropriate material quality, and timely supply of goods. Perform purchasing functions in conformance with the requirements of the prime contract with the client. Awards, issues, and documents all agreements with suppliers. Monitors supplier performance, issues change orders, and manages supplier relations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with strategic procurement and US Government Contracting requirements (FAR, DFAR, FAR15, etc.)
- Maintains a working knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations and standard commercial procurement practices.
- Works professionally in a team environment and independently as necessary.
- Works with the Company purchasing systems and processes.
- Prepares, compiles, and maintains auditable records of the purchasing process.
- Keeps management advised of significant purchasing issues and potential problem areas.
- Reviews purchase requisitions for clarity, compliance, detail, completeness, and obtain additional information considered necessary.
- Issues requests for quotations, evaluates supplier quotations, plans, and conducts negotiations, prepares cost and price analyses, availability studies, risk analyses, bid analysis summaries, and award recommendations that treat suppliers fairly and ethically, protects the company's interests, and promotes best value awards.
- Generates Purchase Orders in final form for approval and signature.
- Actively manages supplier performance through consistent communication to ensure proper adherence to purchase order terms and conditions.
- Actively manages the procurement process from order placement through receipt of products and subsequent payment of invoices.
- Resolves disputes with suppliers and evaluates supplier performance.
- Prepares and maintains complete Purchase Order files in accordance with Federal Acquisition policies, Corporate Procurement guidance, and other applicable references to ensure compliance throughout the procurement cycle.
- Identifies problems, analyze alternatives, and develop viable recommendations.
- Participates in the invoice approval process to ensure that supplier invoices are in accordance with purchase order terms and conditions and resolve issues as necessary.
- Reviews requisition and negotiates within budgetary limitations and scope of authority. Obtains material from supplier at the lowest cost consistent with considerations of quality, reliability of source and urgency of need. Confers with vendors to obtain product or service information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
- Develops sourcing lists for various commodities to support the development of requests for information (RFIs), quotations (RFQs), proposals (RFPs) and invitations to bid and interviews potential suppliers.
- Duties will include, but not limited to, processing of micro-purchases (<$5,000.00), performing market research and the processing of digital files to our system of record.
- Confers with vendors to obtain product or service information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
- Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors, and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or directed.
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 3 years of direct responsibility in domestic and international purchasing or subcontracts experience is required.
Specialized Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have knowledge of CostPoint's purchasing module to create and maintain purchase orders.
- Must have knowledge of standard purchasing policies and procedures.
- Must have knowledge of Military Standards for material control and basic software programs (i.e. MS Office).
- Must be fluent in English, both speaking and writing skills.
- Must have outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Must have excellent communication skill.
- Must have excellent Personal computer skills to include printer, microfiche, ten-key calculator, fax machine, copy machine and other general office equipment.
- Must possess a home driver's license and capable of obtaining a Kuwait driver's license if driving is required by the PWS.
- Must possess the ability to work with Project management / staff and senior management personnel.
- Must have the ability to perform basic procurement and materials functions.
- Must possess planning/organizing skills and must be able to work under deadlines.
- Must be able to exercise discretion, good judgment, and solid decision-making skills.
- Must be able to handle confidential company information with complete discretion.
- Must have high level organizational and planning skills, so that workflow is managed efficiently and accurately.
- Must have high level of proficiency in the use of MS Office with an emphasis in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must have a collaborative work style, fostering cooperation and teamwork.
Certification, License & Clearance:
- Tier 1 NACI required for all U.S. Citizens.
Facility credentials/authorization required : Must be able to obtain and maintain facility credentials/authorization.
Note: U.S. Citizenship is required to for facility credentials/authorization at this work location.
Work Environment, Physical Demands & Mental Demands:
- Ability to perform job duties efficiently and effectively.
- Must be able to work in extreme environmental conditions including dust and high temperatures.
- Must be able to endure long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
Safety - Amentum enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Amentum Quality Policy and carry out job activities in
compliance with applicable Amentum Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
This position description indicates the general nature and level of work expected. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required. Employee may be asked to perform other duties as required.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Amentum is a premier global technical and engineering services partner supporting critical programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and environment. We draw from a century-old heritage of operational excellence, mission focus, and successful execution underpinned by a strong culture of safety and ethics.