JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
The Package Manager – Utilities is primarily responsible for delivering the horizontal utilities infrastructure on a megacity development in the south of Kuwait.
The scope and scale of responsibility will, to some extent, be governed by the candidates experience and that of other Package Managers however could extend to overseeing the delivery of potable water, telecommunications and irrigation networks as well as 11kV & 0.415kV cable installation. Works will predominantly be delivered with subcontractors however some elements of direct works are also expected.
The company has 20+ years’ contracting experience in the construction of bulk earthworks, marine works, roads & utility infrastructure, bridge and treatment plant construction. There is a secured work order projected to extend for 10+ years.
The Package Manager – Utilities will be expected to work with a high degree of autonomy and responsibility and will report to the Senior Project Manager - Infrastructure.
• Define roles, responsibilities, targets and deliverables for the team and monitor performance and productivities against these targets
• Manage the various sub-contractors and/or direct labour to deliver the construction works to time, quality, cost and safety objectives
• Drive a culture of professionalism, productivity and efficiency underpinned by a “how can we do better” attitude
• Develop detailed construction programmes in line with the masterplan objectives and coordinate resources / priorities accordingly
• Coordinate the works with the other Package / Discipline Managers
• Track costs against budget and identify areas of potential risk and/or contingency
• Identify programme conflicts and constructability issues in advance of the works and make recommendations on alternative approaches
• Resolve design coordination issues and look for value engineering opportunities
• Draft contractual letters and prepare and issue minutes of meetings, technical reports, productivity reports, QA compliance reports, etc.
• Ensure shop drawings, method statements, procured materials, etc. are prepared in a timely manner, are complying with the contract documents, and are approved by the independent supervising consultant
• Coordinate with the relevant Government representatives who visit the site and will ultimately take possession of the works
• Ensure QA records are in up to date
• Lead by example in your approach to Site Safety
• Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering or similarly relevant construction discipline
• Contractor background with at least 10 years’ civil engineering experience of which a significant portion is in utilities work.
• A solid understanding of construction contracts – experience with FIDIC form of contracts is preferred
• A “solve the problems early” mindset through detailed planning in advance of executing the works
• English language skills (verbal & written) essential, Arabic Language skills would be an advantage
• A history of working abroad with large multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary teams is an advantage
ABOUT THE COMPANY
A market leader in delivering high quality urban infrastructure in Kuwait.