JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
WSP is seeking to appoint a Protection Specialist whom will be responsible in the selection, design, settings and implementation of all protection related equipment and accessories.
* WSP provide consultancy services to major clients in the Middle East and have gained a reputation as being a market leader in many of these services.
* We therefore require a high performing individual to join the WSP team and support our internal teams and external clients.
* Being part of a successful delivery team will maintain our positive commercial revenues.
Your new role, what's involved?
* Experienced in developing and recommending a full range of power system protection system specialist with in depth knowledge on protection relay settings with thorough understanding of distribution, transmission and generation system protection/relaying functions .
* Lead power system interruption investigations, review power system events, propose engineering solutions and recommendations.
* Develop protection relay selection and settings calculations for power system equipment using all relevant software applications available.
* Have proven track record in project management and delivery of projects on time and to the highest technical standards.
* Represent the business internally and externally as appropriate
* Transfer my knowledge and expertise by carrying out appropriate trainings to WSP as well as the client's Engineers
* Actively engage in key client relationships;
* Work collaboratively with Team Leaders and Project Managers to obtain regular feedback from clients on our performance, and look to cross-sell the wider business.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering.
* Minimum 15 years combined experience in protection design, planning, setting, realization, and network studies with at least 10 years' experience in network similar to State of Kuwait.
* Experienced in studying, planning and implementation of relay selectivity programs using PSS/E software and ASPEN One Liner or any similar equivalent on / offline software programs.
* Preferably having an experience in Trainings
What's in it for you?
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.