JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
AFCAP V Kuwait: Quality and HSE Specialist
Seeking a skilled Quality and HSE Specialist whose technical expertise and knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 quality management, ISO 45001 Occupational health and safety, and ISO 14001 environmental management systems will support the LN/OCN-E project, its business systems, and its mission. The candidate will optimize project execution by ensuring services meet the established quality, health, safety, and environmental standards, including reliability, usability, and performance.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage the quality, health, safety, and environmental management program and improve the customer journey by developing and employing oversight techniques, training, statistical methods, assessments, and other QHSE tools.
- Coach, mentor, and develop team members.
- Ensure work condition requirements are met by leading audit/inspection reports and making recommendations/presentations to leadership for corrective/preventive and continuous improvement actions.
- Develop and lead the implementation of performance evaluation and prediction methods to improve product systems and services' safety, reliability, and maintainability.
- Assess and validate required standards for project execution contractually while verifying that standards are met for every deliverable.
- Align QHSE function with product/service performance needs to ensure that product/service lines deliver value to customers.
- Facilitate, analyze, and solve complex problems using business improvement and value-added practices.
- Use experience and problem-solving skills to develop and improve processes while mentoring Project team members.
- Guide less experienced team members across all levels of the project, as needed.
- The selected candidate will be stationed in Kuwait and balance site visits across Kuwait, UAE, and Saudi Arabia.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years QHSE experience (industry-specific experience is a plus)
- Certifications are an advantage, including ASQ, Lean and Six Sigma, Project Management, etc.
- Experience with the development and implementation of corrective and preventive action, audit, and continuous improvement programs
- In-depth knowledge of tools, concepts, and methodologies of Quality and Project Management
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Visio, SharePoint)
Must be able to pass a background check and obtain Secret Clearance.
In compliance with the U.S. federal government's vaccine mandate, only candidates who are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or have a reasonable accommodation or approved medical exception will be considered for this position.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
We deliver science, technology and engineering solutions to governments and companies around the world. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people performing diverse, complex and mission critical roles in 34 countries.
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long-term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.