JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Work in Kuwait is contingent upon the applicant's ability to obtain a work permit from the State of Kuwait, which is requested on the applicant's behalf by their employer. Effective January 1, 2021, the Kuwait Public Authority of Manpower issued new work permit regulations, informing contractors that it will not issue a work permit to any individual who is fifty-nine (59) years or older and holds a high school grade certificate or less. A two-year college degree or higher is required for all candidates fifty-nine (59) years or older. See Administrative Decision No. (520) of 2020 AD - Amendment to the Administrative Decision No. (552) of 2018 on Issuing the Work Permit Regulations.
Purpose and Scope:
- Responsible to the Quality Control Lead for conducting technical inspections on APS-5 generators, generator sets, and associated equipment, to include initial, in-process, and final inspections.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs initial inspections to determine the nature and extent of equipment repairs required.
- Performs final inspections on systems after repairs have been completed.
- Disassembles and examines parts and assemblies as required and reassembles and adjusts components.
- Determines serviceability of parts and diagnoses and determines remedies for failures commonly encountered in the repairs of weapons systems using a variety of diagnostic techniques and TMDE with little or no supervision.
- Prepares records of inspections/tests and makes them available to the QA/QC Department.
- Safely uses common hand tools and shop equipment effectively without assistance.
- May instruct other employees in proper repair maintenance procedures.
- Cross trains when required to ensure maximum flexibility and possession of technical skills in the development and maintenance of quality programs. Coordinates with Shop Supervisor when technical problems arise, and in-depth mechanical knowledge is required.
- Maintain proficiency on related training tasks.
- Conducts surveillances and performs other administrative duties as required within the Quality Control Office.
- Ensures strict compliance to safety practices and support the Company Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Instills a safety-first mentality within respective work areas and a culture that achieves low accident rates and minimal lost-time injuries.
- Adhere to ISO Policies, Procedures, and Work Instructions in support of the Amentum Quality Management System.
- Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 3-5 years' experience in generator equipment.
- A minimum of 2 years quality control/ inspection experience required.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Must have knowledge of diagnostic tools and forms used at the unit and DS/GS level.
- Must be able to read and understand communications and electronic equipment schematics.
- Must have thorough knowledge of military technical publications.
- Must have a collaborative work style that fosters cooperation and team-work.
- Excellent organizational skills required.
- The ability to talk to people from all walks of life
- Must be customer service focused.
Certification & License: N/A
Work Environment, Physical Demands and Mental Demands:
- Ability to perform job duties efficiently and effectively.
- Must be able to work in extreme environmental conditions including dust and high temperatures.
- Must be able to endure long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Safety - Amentum enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Amentum Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable Amentum Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
This position description indicates the general nature and level of work expected. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required. Employee may be asked to perform other duties as required.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Amentum is a premier global technical and engineering services partner supporting critical programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and environment. We draw from a century-old heritage of operational excellence, mission focus, and successful execution underpinned by a strong culture of safety and ethics.