JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Job Summary :
The Senior Procurement Manager will lead the strategic sourcing and procurement activities for a all bought out goods and services for entire Middle East and North Africa, ensuring the highest levels of quality, cost-effectiveness, and supplier performance. The successful candidate will have a strong track record of delivering results through collaboration, innovation, and effective supplier management
Develop and maintain procurement portfolio spend matrix, supplier relationship matrix, and expand the scope of procurement across the Starbucks MENA. This include overall procurement transformation roadmap from process, capability and system perspective and develop procurement strategies for strategic, bottleneck categories, while collaborating with various internal and external stakeholders
- Develop a procurement strategy and manage portfolio matrix
- Produce a procurement plan and strategy to reduce and contain costs; evaluate and help select suppliers; ensure excellent supplier performance; participate in contract negotiations; guarantee the highest level of ethics in every transaction; and ensure procurement policies and procedures meet internal and external compliance requirement around diversity initiatives, social responsibility goals and other such programs.
- Ensure a systematic category procurement process is developed from requirement gathering, supplier research, tendering, supplier selection, contracting and supplier performance management. Control and maintain an accurate record of supplier and contract price change requests with relevant supporting supplier documentation. Formulate cross functional levers for Supplier performance, innovation, performance improvement and sustainable growth with key stakeholder validation. Support & align development and execution of categories strategy. Drive negotiation. Work across the leadership teams to support their requirements within the global context.
- Create value for the organization:
- Controlling the procurement budget and delivering year-over-year cost efficiency improvement while developing a culture of cost reduction. Ensure cost mitigation (incl. Identify and mitigate risk relating to supplier relations and price volatility about commodity forecast price trends and their impact on future activities etc.). Approve purchase orders, maintain a record of, and communicate as necessary, to key stakeholders all inflation / deflation that will impact the business.
- Negotiating with suppliers, performing risk assessments, Developing potential contracts and agreements. Reviewing existing contracts with suppliers and vendors to ensure on-going feasibility.
- Guaranteeing diversity of suppliers in terms of numbers and ensuring that supplies continue if a first-choice provider is unable to deliver the needed goods or services.
- Manage supplier relationships .
- Assess and manage the supplier base to ensure flawless sourcing in terms of quality, supply chain, financial risk and contractual discipline. Deliver on all operational and strategic KPI. Regularly review cost out opportunities and ensure prices for goods and services are in line with relevant market rates, efficiently sourced, and procured in a way that creates the best value for the business.
- Keep the communication level with the Suppliers to a high level to build and maintain long-term, fruitful relationships with them. This ensures that the organization's supply chain is managed efficiently.
- Build and maintain long-term strategic relationships with internal and external suppliers. Effective relationship building with key suppliers for all raw materials, ingredients, food, stock, non-stock, non-food to meet business demands. Negotiating with suppliers, performing risk assessments, Developing potential contracts and agreements. Reviewing existing contracts with suppliers and vendors to ensure on-going feasibility.
- Manage procurement projects and teams
- Lead and manage the procurement projects. This includes managing the procurement staff members and their training, hiring new talent, and optimizing their performance and workflows.
- Recruit, develop and mentor a strong team and drive succession planning for key role. Managing the procurement department staff-including hiring, training, and disciplining employees-to ensure that they are performing their jobs effectively
- Follow compliance and regulations . The Senior Manager must be well versed in regulations and compliance as well as the various laws and requirements governing the procurement process. For example, organizations may have internal policies as well as government requirements around diversity of suppliers to ensure non-discrimination against minority- and women-owned businesses as well as others.
- Bachelor's degree in business, supply chain, or a related field; MBA or advanced degree preferred
- 8+ years of experience in procurement, strategic sourcing, or supplier relationship management, with a minimum of 3 years in a leadership role
- Strong track record of delivering cost savings, supplier performance improvement, and innovation through strategic sourcing and supplier management
- Excellent negotiation, contract management, and supplier relationship management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with experience in data analysis and market research
- Ability to collaborate and influence cross-functional stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Experience in the food and beverage or hospitality industry is a plus
ABOUT THE COMPANY
As a leading international franchise operator, with nearly 90 of the world’s most recognised brands in its portfolio, Alshaya Group brings great shopping, dining, leisure and hospitality experiences to millions of customers across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey, Europe and beyond.
Alshaya Group is a dynamic multinational business and family owned enterprise with a consistent record of growth and innovation. For 35 years, Alshaya has been a pioneering force in brand franchising, using its exceptional knowledge and experience to expand at pace.
Our portfolio of well-loved international brands includes Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn, KidZania and, coming soon, Hampton by Hilton.
From one retail franchise store opened in Kuwait in 1983, Alshaya Group has consistently grown and diversified and today offers customers an unparalleled choice of brands across multiple sectors; Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings, Leisure & Entertainment, and Hotels. A diverse, skilled team of 53,000 people from 120 nationalities support more than 4,000 stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure destinations, a growing online business and a commitment to delivering great customer experiences.