JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Work in Kuwait is contingent upon the applicant's ability to obtain a work permit from the State of Kuwait, which is requested on the applicant's behalf by their employer. Effective January 1, 2021, the Kuwait Public Authority of Manpower issued new work permit regulations, informing contractors that it will not issue a work permit to any individual who is fifty-nine (59) years or older and holds a high school grade certificate or less. A two-year college degree or higher is required for all candidates fifty-nine (59) years or older. See Administrative Decision No. (520) of 2020 AD - Amendment to the Administrative Decision No. (552) of 2018 on Issuing the Work Permit Regulations.
Under the supervision of a supply department supervisor this position is responsible for coordinating activities between Receiving, Issuing and Storage of APS-5 Equipment. Duties include the use of Army War Reserve Deployment System (AWRDS), Equipment validation, Basic Issue Items (BII) inventories, equipment accountability, configuration, document validation, preparation and compliance with supply procedures and applicable regulations and overseeing the day to day of personnel assigned to his/her team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership to team members during the receipt, inventory, configuration, proper storage, and issue of APS-5 equipment in accordance with US ARMY Supply Policies and Procedures as well as local policies and regulations IAW the PWS.
- Must be able to train, mentor and counsel personnel.
- Oversees daily warehouse operations and configuration.
- Maintains inventory and other stock records, using computer terminal.
- May be required to operate a variety of STAMIS programs, such as AWRDS and LMP systems.
- Determines methods of storage, identification, and stock location, considering temperature, humidity, height and weight limits, turnover, floor loading capacities, and required space.
- Generates daily, weekly and monthly reports as required by department.
- Ensures tasks are executed in order to meet mission deadlines and required suspense.
- Ensure strict compliance to safety practices and support the Safety Policies and Procedures. Instills a safety first mentality within respective work areas and a culture that achieves low accident rates and minimal lost-time injuries.
- Adhere to ISO Policies, Procedures, and Work Instructions in support of Quality Management System.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or directed.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 3+ years' experience in Supply, Inventory management, warehouse or related field required.
- 1+ years' experience working on a Government Contract or prior military experience required.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Possess understanding and basic knowledge of the Army War Reserve Deployment System (AWRDS), various LOGSA Logistics Integrated Warehouse (LIW) applications, and other approved automated property accountability systems.
- Must have knowledge of Army equipment.
- Possess knowledge of Army Supply documentation such as DA Form 1348 and DA Form 2062.
- Must have basic knowledge in the use of MS Office, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook and other related applications.
- Must have strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to work and communicate with others effectively.
- Possess the ability to multitask.
- US Army MOS 92A or 92Y preferred.
- Forklift and MHE experience preferred.
Certification, License & Clearance:
- Ability to obtain SAAR approval for NIPR access to USG STAMIS required.
- T1 NACI required for U.S. Citizens.
Facility credentials/authorization required : Must be able to obtain and maintain facility credentials/authorization.
Note: U.S. Citizenship is required to for facility credentials/authorization at this work location.
Work Environment, Physical Demands & Mental Demands:
- Ability to perform job duties efficiently and effectively.
- Must be able to work in extreme environmental conditions including dust and high temperatures.
- Must be able to endure long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 Lbs.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Amentum is a premier global technical and engineering services partner supporting critical programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and environment. We draw from a century-old heritage of operational excellence, mission focus, and successful execution underpinned by a strong culture of safety and ethics.