JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Aircraft Mechanic - Crew Chief (F-16)
Amentum is hiring an Aircraft Mechanic I - APG (F-16). Provide F-16 Block 50 Aircraft Maintenance Specialist (Crew Chief) with the responsibility of daily flight and maintenance requirements of F-16 Block 50 Aircraft.
- Provide for the launch, recovery, and preflight/thru flight/BPO inspections, ground handling, minor maintenance, and servicing.
- Perform routine troubleshooting, installation, repair and maintenance of all electro-mechanical systems and components on the aircraft at the organizational level of maintenance.
- Responsible all maintenance performed on the assigned aircraft.
- This includes but is not limited to major maintenance such as landing gear replacement, flight control replacement and accomplish Periodical Inspections.
- Maintains tactical aircraft, support equipment, and forms and records. Performs and supervises flight chief, expediter, crew chief, repair and reclamation, quality assurance, and maintenance support functions.
- Services aircraft. Performs end-of-runway, postflight, preflight, thru-flight, and phase inspections. Performs integrated combat turns and hot pit refuels.
- Advises on problems maintaining, servicing, and inspecting aircraft and related aerospace equipment.
- Uses technical data to diagnose and solve maintenance problems on aircraft systems.
- Interprets and advises on maintenance procedures and policies to repair aircraft and related equipment.
- Troubleshoots and maintains aircraft structures, systems, components, and related equipment. Removes and installs aircraft components.
- Conducts functional tests of repaired components and systems. Adjusts, aligns, and rigs aircraft systems.
- Supervises and performs aircraft jacking, lifting, and towing operations.
- Inspects aircraft structures, systems, components, and related systems.
- Supervises and performs aircraft and component inspections.
- Interprets inspection findings and determines adequacy of corrective actions.
- Inspects and checks components for clearances, tolerances, proper installation, and operation.
- Inspects and operates powered and nonpowered aerospace ground equipment.
- Inspects and identifies aircraft corrosion for prevention and repair.
- Reviews maintenance forms, aircraft records, automated maintenance data systems, and historical reports to ensure complete documentation.
- Inventories and maintains aircraft equipment.
- High school graduate or GED with a certificate of completion.
- Minimum of Eight (8) years experience.
- Experience in all aspects of intermediate level maintenance on F-16 Block 50 Aircraft.
- Experience in Phase Inspections and all aspects of scheduled maintenance.
- Experience in Inspection & troubleshooting of any systems failures.
- Experience providing OJT to technicians.
- United States Citizenship Required.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment:
- Individual must be immediately deployable to potential combat areas worldwide and able to adapt and live in austere conditions.
- Is required to climb, stand, stoop, bend, stretch, crouch and work in tiring and uncomfortable position.
- Frequently lifts parts and equipment up to 20 pounds. Occasionally lifts objects up to 50 pounds. Most heavy lifting is accomplished through the use of mechanical devices.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Amentum is a premier global technical and engineering services partner supporting critical programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and environment. We draw from a century-old heritage of operational excellence, mission focus, and successful execution underpinned by a strong culture of safety and ethics.