JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
ATOC Supervisor Opening Supporting USAF WRM Program
The ATOC Supervisor supervises cargo specialists in managing site air terminal operations. Receives cargo from Traffic Management Department. Inventories, processes, prepares and documents cargo for air transportation. May operate Global Air Transportation Execution System (GATES). Loads/offloads cargo on/off aircraft. Operates material handling equipment (MHE). May assist the TMO when not performing air terminal duties. Ensures compliance with Performance Work Statement (PWS) and Amentum ISO 9001 Quality Management System (QMS).
- Obtains aircraft flight schedules and determines cargo capabilities and cargo load information.
- Marshals' aircraft to parking position as required.
- Performs engine-running on/offloads as required.
- Loads/unloads aircraft and applies/removes cargo tie-down restraint devices at the request of the Loadmaster.
- Process/manifest passengers for air transportation, handle baggage, load/offload aircraft, complete security checks of passengers and baggage.
- Operates material handling equipment, wide body loaders and cranes.
- Safely transports and handles explosives.
- Operates GATES to process and document cargo.
- Inventories, accepts, inspects, processes and documents cargo offered for transportation.
- Physically inspects cargo for proper packaging, marking and labeling.
- Ensures hazardous materials are properly inspected, documented and certified.
- Prepares and handles cargo in accordance with all prescribed regulations, instructions, technical orders and procedures.
- Inventories and inspects all incoming freight for damage prior to acceptance. Identifies discrepant cargo within GATES as required.
- Implements, documents and controls quality, training, environment and safety programs.
- Maintains publications, forms and files required for freight traffic operations.
- Compiles data and submits reports and other correspondence as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Works in normal office and maintenance shop or warehouse environment and may be required to work outdoors for extended periods.
- Experienced in palletizing cargo on single, multiple/married 463L pallets using side and top nets, straps, chains and devices for restraint required.
- Must be proficient in the use of personal computers and Windows Operating System and Microsoft Office to include as a minimum Power Point, Excel and Word programs.
- May be required to operate material handling equipment.
- Must possess a valid home country driver's license and ability to obtain host nation driver's license.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of two years experience in air terminal operations required.
- Work experience in freight acceptance, preparation, processing, inspection, documentation and handling procedures is required.
- Must be able to successfully complete training to prepare, certify and/or inspect Hazardous Materials for Air Transportation IAW AFJMAN 24-204 upon selection.
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a US Secret Security Clearance.
- Will be required to wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) according to prescribed procedures and as required for task being performed.
- Physically capable of performing all required duties; capable of lifting/pushing/pulling minimum of 50 lbs.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Familiarity with software programs relating to air terminal operations and office administration preferred.
- Five years experience in air terminal operations preferred.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Amentum is a premier global technical and engineering services partner supporting critical programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and environment. We draw from a century-old heritage of operational excellence, mission focus, and successful execution underpinned by a strong culture of safety and ethics.