JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
The role holder is responsible for all strategic, operational, financial, human, and technical resource managerial responsibilities associated with BI and BI-related functional areas (Data Governance, Data warehousing, reporting, Information delivery, BI competency) required to provide the organisation with the information required on which to make meaningful business decisions.
You will be responsible for establishing BI Governance Model. Developing BI strategy and analytics roadmap. Providing strategic approach for data analytics and big data. Reviewing and control use of current reporting and capabilities across the organization. Support, in conjunction with IT, the development of a Business Intelligence Competency Centre to promote the use of BI, train and develop the reporting capabilities throughout the Company.
Responsibilities shall also include:
- Oversight on major vendor / suppliers relationships associated to BI
- Big data and new business opportunities:
- Support in the ideations process for medium-to-long term areas/ themes for potential partnerships or investments
- Looks for alignment with BU and implementation of new business opportunities.
- Align and coordinate BI strategy with OG.
- Manage the implementation of the BI Automation with OG.
Data Governance and Integrity
You will ensure Data governance quality and privacy across the Company:
- Keep up to date Data Governance model documentation:
- Corporate Policies, Standards, Processes
- People (relationships, roles & responsibilities, and stakeholders)
- Define different sources of data to be collected
- End-to-end ownership of the BI process and oversight of BI activities and resources in the Company
- Creation and ongoing ownership of a central BI/MI Company data definition dictionary
- Monitor data accuracy/quality across the Company (Reporting Structure and Technology): Ensure single version of truth
Develop KPIs Dictionary Mapping of KPIs to source system
- Assess and verify accuracy of main KPIs, including stakeholder alignment
- Provide regular reports on planned versus actual progress to the senior management team. Provide ad-hoc reports on major BI or MI activities
- Provide support & guidance to the respective areas participating in BI and Data Governance processes and/or activities. - Contribute to the development of the overall Strategy & Transformation unit AOP and Strategy.
- You have a degree in computer science, mathematics, operations, management, or a related field is required.
- At least 10+ years of experience with in a BI function at least 5 of which should be in a management level position.
- Coordination of large complex BI projects and teams.
- Proven ability to manage complex vendor, supplier, sub-contractor relationships
- Experience in building and supporting BI/analytics/big data business cases
- Extensive expertise in BI and related technical platforms,
- Extensive and proven expertise in data modeling, both logical and physical, multidimensional data modeling, such as star schemes, snowflakes, denormalized models, handling “slow-changing” dimensions/attributes.
- Experience and understanding of a wide variety of analytical processes (governance, measurement, etc.).
- Experience with business driven / self-service BI
- A solid understanding of key BI trends, of leading edge technologies and best practices such as Hadoop and Big Data
- A solid understanding of the BI vendor landscape and of network delivery architecture and best practices
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Ooredoo, Omans customer friendly communications provider..
Ooredoo combines extensive global expertise and talented, caring people with a genuine understanding of Omani culture to offer you the highest levels of user-friendly technology and customer satisfaction.
Our Vision and Mission
At Ooredoo, we are committed to enhancing your daily life by making communication easier, more versatile and always a rewarding experience.
Our vision is to enrich the lives of people in Oman through better communication services. Furthermore, our mission is to be the communications provider and employer of choice in Oman.