JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
A leading German multinational engineering company with a strong presence in Oman, seeking a dedicated HR Generalist to join their team in Oman.
The HR Generalist ( Omani national ) is responsible for delivering day-to-day HR support in coordination with the Regional HR Manager. The role focuses on ensuring the seamless delivery of HR services, including recruitment, onboarding, performance management, compensation and benefits, training and development, and employee relations within Oman.
• Execute daily HR tasks related to Oman.
• Assist with constructive and timely performance evaluations.
• Support the Regional Management in identifying and developing talent.
• Strengthen regional and interdisciplinary cooperation.
Key Performance Objectives:
• Achieve defined regional key performance indicators.
• Assist with fair recruitment, collaborating with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for local openings.
• Conduct or acquire background checks and employee eligibility verifications when needed.
• Generate official internal documents, including offer letters, promotion letters, and salary slips.
• Prepare paperwork and schedules for the smooth onboarding of new hires.
• Act as the primary HR point of contact for all employees within Oman.
• Coordinate employee development plans and performance management.
• Administer human resource programs, including compensation, benefits, leave, disciplinary matters, disputes, investigations, performance and talent management, productivity, recognition, morale, occupational health and safety, and training and development.
• Assist the Regional HR Manager in developing and implementing local HR policies, procedures, and programs.
• Ensure compliance with local employment laws and regulations in the region.
• Collaborate with the Leadership team to identify training needs and support the implementation of training programs.
• Collaborate with the Leadership team to attract, retain, and onboard talent in Oman.
• Execute payroll processes within the region.
• Ensure accurate and timely payroll administration in compliance with applicable regulations and internal policies.
• Properly document and maintain human resources-related data and information.
• Produce and submit reports on HR activities as requested.
• Act as a proxy to the Regional HR Manager when they are away from the office.
• Must be an Omani national
• Diploma or Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field and/or equivalent experience. Additional HR training is beneficial.
• Proven experience as an HR Generalist in an International organization.
• In-depth knowledge of Omani Employment / Labor Law is mandatory.
• Excellent communication and people skills.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Middle East Executive Group has become the first choice for industry professionals wanting to work in the Gulf region.
We understand exactly how supply chain performance and sales performance impacts the bottom line and top line of product led businesses and we have the experience, network & expertise to match skilled professionals with exciting new roles that suit their experience, passion and drive in this highly strategic industry.
Our specialist teams internally are;
- Commercial Management & Sales
- Supply Chain & Logistics
- Strategic HR
The industries we focus on are;
- 3PL / Freight Forwarding
- Food & FMCG
- Medical & Pharmaceutical