JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Purpose of the job
• Responsible for managing and administrating activities governing HSE management standards and systems across assigned company projects and businesses. Responsible for developing a safety-conscious culture within the projects and business units. Responsible for ensuring productivity targets, financial objectives & KPIs are achieved and that all HSE processes are running smoothly and promptly.
Key Responsibilities & Activities
• Responsible for the development and execution of all Health and safety plans for assigned projects and business units in line with organizational strategy, international standards (ISO, OSHA etc), statutory requirements.
• Responsible for all internal and external HSE audit programs, remedial actions and non-conformity management, ensuring seamless documentation and knowledge sharing through Intelex and other management information systems.
• Responsible for deployment of resources & processes for investigations in cases of violation of HSE standards and ensuring that gaps are resolved through appropriate corrective actions.
• Responsible for specific departmental financial objectives by preparing the annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analysing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
• Shall be responsible for the preparation and implementation the HSE Management System that complies with the requirements of HSEMS Company requirements.
• Responsible for specific departmental productivity targets, KPIs and attainment thereof.
• Promoting Group Values, Code of Conduct and associated policies.
• Participating and providing positive contributions to technical, commercial, planning, safety and quality performance of the organization and in accordance with Client, Contractual, and regulatory requirements.
• Visiting Sites and Project locations to discuss operational aspects.
• Undertaking any other responsibilities as directed and mutually agreed with the Line Management.
OMR 4,500 to 45,001 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• Bachelor’s degree in the field of safety, environment or engineering
• Master’s degree (preferred)
• Certification from a recognized HSE institution (CSP, NEBOSH, IOSH, OSHA, IEMA etc)
• Business Management (preferred)
• A proven work experience as a Manager at HSE
• Familiarity with the latest HSE-oriented trends in the industry.
• Knowledge of best practices
• Strong writing and record-keeping abilities. Strong IT skills.
• Strong communication, planning & organizing skills
• Exceptional leadership skills. Ability to lead and transform the HSE department.
• Ability to garner Management support and confidence.
• 5 years position specific experience
• Minimum 15 years in carrying out engineering & construction supervision in a process environment.
• English (fluent)
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Ignite Search & Selection is a leading Recruitment Agency in the Middle East. Ignite's team of specialist recruiters now works across a range of sectors including Legal, Digital/Technology, Retail/FMCG, Construction and Engineering.
We pride ourselves on given both clients and candidates expert market knowledge in our chosen sectors. We value getting a detailed understanding of our clients and candidates expectations to find the perfect fit for all parties.