JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Our client is a leading Construction and FM Service Provider operating in Oman. To maintain their enviable reputation and to help ensure the efficient delivery of one of the largest and high profile Contracts in Oman, including Facilities Management, Construction and Highways Maintenance, they are looking to appoint a HSEQ Manager.
We have an exciting opportunity for a HSEQ Manager to join the team on one of our most prestigious contracts. Based in Muscat in the Sultanate of Oman, this an important role in the successful delivery of the contract requiring excellent interpersonal, management and communication skills.
• Accountable for the safe operation, management and delivery of all Health, Safety and Quality related services associated with the main Contract, including Integrated Facilities Management, Construction and Highways Maintenance scope, as well as supporting the wider business where required.
• This includes, but is not limited to; custodianship of the Integrated Management System (IMS) for the business, being the focal point for health and safety within the contract/business, including subcontractor performance, leading and managing incident and investigations where non-compliance, injury or hi-potential incidents occur.
• Collaboration with the client, end users and other functions of the Contract, including subcontractors, is a necessity to ensure a joined up and integrated service.
• This is an active and visible role requiring excellent people skills, working as part of a local senior management team within a business. The post holder will be expected to positively contribute to the V1 June 2023 performance, growth and profitability of the business acting as a champion for customer care at all times.
• The role demands a proactive approach to reducing HSE related incident and implementing innovative approach to safety behavior, considering the diverse range of cultures and language within the business.
• It should also be recognised that the asset base is spread country wide, often in remote locations, so you will be expected to travel widely and often to support the site operations team and build relationships with the client teams on site.
OMR 4,000 to 4,500 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: + medical insurance
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in more than one of the 3 main functions (IFM, Construction, Highways / Roads Maintenance)
• Extensive experience of incident investigation
• Experience of internal and external audit
• Proactive approach to strategy and innovation, but equally able to ‘roll the sleeves up’
• Effective communicator using a myriad of communication channels and tools
• Middle East experience (particularly dealing with different cultures and languages)
• Recognised HSE qualification to a minimum of NEBOSH level.
The package on offer is dependent on qualifications and experience, OMR 4,000– 4,500 NET per month (all in) + medical insurance and children’s school fees allowance (if applicable).
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Having been established since 1973, there is no recruitment company more experienced and better connected than Ashbrittle.
When you make a confidential application to Ashbrittle, you can be assured that we will make every possible endeavour to provide you with a well researched choice of job opportunities.