JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Line of Service
General Tax Consulting
Job Description & Summary
A career in our Indirect Tax practice, within Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet and manage their tax obligations across unique but ever changing tax specialties. You'll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing indirect taxes, dispute resolution, and global enterprise tax solutions.
Our team helps our clients optimise cash flow and reduce risk by managing challenges related to indirect taxes. You'll support our clients with all aspects of indirect taxation related to global, regional and domestic projects as well as comprehensive restructuring and reporting value added tax projects.
We are looking for the right candidates to join our growing Tax Team in Oman. Based in Muscat, we are searching for the right manager to join our Middle East Indirect Tax Practice - Indirect Taxes for us cover Value Added Tax (VAT), Customs Duty, Excise Tax (also known as Selective Tax) as well as the coming framework for electronic invoicing or e- Invoicing in the Sultanate.
The work involves advisory, compliance and disputes work in Indirect Tax Co-operative not only Oman, but also extends across the Middle East (including Indirect Taxes in the Gulf Co-operative Council Region. This is an exciting time for those who choose to become Indirect Tax specialists in the Middle East, with e-Invoicing, VAT, Excise Tax, Customs Duty and Real Estate Transaction
Tax coming to many countries and already implemented in a number.
We seek applications from enthusiastic, keen and suitably experienced candidates either within or outside Oman, working in accounting/consulting firms or in roles in the private sector within tax or finance functions. Working from manager up to director, we set out the following profiles below.
- A finance or accounting degree or diploma, and/or an accounting certification. ACCA or its equivalents are our preference (including CPAs from Australia and the USA, chartered accountants from the UK or other jurisdictions (ICAEW, ISCA, etc), management accountants (CIMA) or those with a project management certification (PMP or similar)
- At least 5 years of working experience in Indirect Tax, accounting and finance
- Excellent technical skills across Indirect Taxes in at least one GCC country, plus a working knowledge of the GCC VAT Agreement and the GCC Customs Framework
- Proven team building or team working skills
- Good written and spoken English, applied to advising internal or external clients
- Strong Arabic language skills, both written and spoken, are an advantage.
- A strong record of Indirect Tax projects, including liaising and dealing with the Oman Tax Authority and/or other tax authorities
- Project work experience of VAT, Excise Duty/Selective Tax and/or Customs Duty, including technology projects such a e-Invoicing implementation
- Further 3 years experience at a minimum in senior management roles in industry or at professional services organizations
- Record of leading Indirect Tax cases, appeals, objections and/or challenges to tax authority positions, either on behalf of taxpayers (or for a tax authority, as the case may be).
ABOUT THE COMPANY
At PwC Middle East, we've set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We're a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We're striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we're proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone's uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you're looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you're a future PwCer.