JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
• Familiar with all safety aspects pertaining to the workshop and work related.
• Ensure that tools and equipment are serviceable and calibrated.
• Ensure all NDT inspections on aircraft and aircraft components carried out in accordance with the relevant Manual and instruction laid out in the latest revision and within the scope of the company approval.
• Report to the Assistant Manager for any incident or accident occurrences and work on his behalf During his absence.
• Assisting the work force under him and provide guidance and information to trainee staff.
• Ensure that manuals used are current and updated to the latest revisions.
• Responsible to the Manager - Quality Assurance in respect of all matters associated With airworthiness and the terms of approval.
• Maintain respective workshop record system for all work carried out within the shop.
• Ensure that company procedures are followed.
• Maintain all Third Party records of the work been carried out.
4 Years experience in NDT
• Ab-initio courses for Aircraft Engineering.
• Bachelor Degree in Science or Mechanical Engineering.
• Recognized Vendor Courses.
• NDT License on Penetrant, Magnetic, Eddy Current and Ultrasonic, PCN level 2 or EN4179 in Aerospace Industry.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Oman Air, the flagship company of the Sultanate of Oman's Civil Aviation sector, commenced operations in 1993. Starting off as a regional player, Oman Air, as Oman's national carrier has witnessed rapid growth in the last 14 years. Oman Air has played a major role in making Muscat a major traffic hub in the Middle East providing a fillip to commercial, industrial and tourism activities.
As a full-fledged commercial airline of Oman, Oman Air has striven to maintain high performance standards in all aspects of its operation. The Oman International Services was established in the year 1970 & later Oman Aviation Services was founded on 1981 to extend services to the other airlines in terms of cargo handling, ground handling etc.
The Oman Air fleet consists of most modern and fuel- efficient aircraft with aesthetically designed interiors. Ultra- modern in-flight service equipment is deployed onboard to improve safety and overall performance. Investment in new technology, planning and product innovation has propelled Oman Air to the forefront of the aviation industry.