JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group's entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Overview of the role:
To contribute towards achievement of set goals and objectives through effective leadership of the assigned team, targeting different trade channel for consistent growth.
What you will do:-
Description of Accountability:
- Generate enquiries, design, estimate and convert to deals. (Government/Corporate Accounts/Individual Clients / Consultants).
- Ensuring sales achievement or exceed sales target as per monthly/yearly objectives of the Department .
- Identify and develop new markets and client opportunities.
- Developing new customers and new avenues for products. Cultivate effective business relationships with executive decision makers in key accounts.
- Shall ensure timely updation of tenders (online & direct) of government/semi-government business and shall work on the same.
- Generate profitability from each sales account and build a balanced portfolio of clients across industries & geographies to de-risk revenue growth.
- Track competitors and their strategies to build on company's market share on each product category.
- Manage Debtor's within budget days (timely collection of payments).
- Manage end to end (supply to collection of payment) process with all necessary documentation.
- Product registration & MAS (material acceptance sheet) approval process.
- Support & assist the Manager in task & team handling as well take charge of business in his/her absence.
Required Skills to be successful:-
- Leadership Skills.
- Negotiation Influencing Skills.
- Interpersonal Skills.
- Team Management Skills.
- Products, Demographics & Market Knowledge.
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Problem analysis and problem-solving
- Information management
- Formal presentation skills
- Proficiency in communication & computer literacy are prerequisites.
What equips you for the role:
- 4 years in similar key position in similar industry (HVAC) with proven track record of successfully handling similar trade channel.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of sales. Knowledge of basic business principles.
- Experience in sales & making presentations. Proven ability to achieve sales targets.
- Graduate /Dip-in Mechanical Engineering .
- Optional PG in Marketing/Business Administration- (AC industry experience will be an advantage).
- Usage of Computing applications, & Microsoft Office applications
- Conversant with the data and competition trend analysis.
- Excellent communication/ proposal making skills.
- Experience in gulf with valid Oman/Middle east driving license preferred.
About Al-Futtaim Retail
Al-Futtaim Retail has established itself as one of the leaders in Retail across the Middle East, Africa & Asia over the past 30 years. We have developed partnerships with some of the biggest and most respected Brands in the world including IKEA, ACE and Toys R Us in the Middle East and the Inditex Group of Brands (Zara, Mango, Bershka and P&B) across Asia. We are also one of the largest Global partners of Marks and Spencer's in both regions with over 75 stores offering both fashion & food options.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Groups continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Groups belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.