JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
• Overall responsible for the country port operations and P/L
• Ensure that Port Services performance and service quality is according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and within the defined KPI including EBIT deliverables.
• Ensure profitable port operations by increasing revenue, whilst driving efficiencies to control costs.
• Identify new business and sales opportunities in the territory/country and work with Port Services sales to promote local ports to customers.
• Ensure the correct amount of pre-funding is received, or the correct level of authority has approved any deviation, prior to performing the port call, in line with the Chart of Authority. The same is to be ensured when additional funding is required before the vessel's sailing.
• Responsible for supporting and ultimately driving the collection of spot port call receivables.
• Proactively identify new means of achieving cost savings, including vendor discounts on behalf of the principal.
• Selecting, appointing, and evaluating vendors and suppliers, ensuring compliance with procurement governance.
• Ensure procedures relevant to Disbursement Accounts production are implemented and optimized.
• Ensure efficient and competent resources are appointed at port location(s) and changes are made to the team wherever relevant in close consultation with TM to meet desired performance deliverables.
• Ensure onboarding and regular training are conducted for all employees.
• Overall Port Services QHSSE & ESG compliance within assigned Territory and use of Take 5 as appropriate.
• Post departure analyze the port call and communicate to the customer the provided added value.
• Oversee ML Operations and drive synergies
As an employee:
The employee is responsible for adhering to the company's health and safety* requirements to ensure their own safety and the safety of their colleagues by:
• Participating in risk assessment processes in the workplace
• Completing required health and safety training and certifications
• Following safe work practices and procedures and using personal protective equipment (PPE) when required
• Inspecting equipment and the workplace regularly and actively eliminating hazards
• Reporting accidents, incidents, injuries, near misses, safety risks, and issues of non-compliance with health and safety procedures according to internal procedure
• Developing the safety culture at own workplace and cooperating with others on matters relating to health and safety
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Excelsior is a bespoke HR and recruitment consultancy, specialising in the Security, Facilities Management, Education and Automotive sectors. Excelsior provides a high quality, reliable and affordable solution to companies in these sectors.
Exciting opportunities and market insights will be regularly posted on this page. If you are a talented individual looking for a change, then our highly experienced Consultants are ready to match you with an exciting new career opportunity.