JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
- Examines electrical equipment and systems for damages, corrosion and operation.
- Connects and utilizes test equipment and meters such as voltmeters, ammeters, megohmmeters and oscilloscopes.
- Uses common hand tools, tubing and conduit benders, hand and motor operated conduit threading machines, soldering irons and grounding systems.
- Erects, repairs and services electrical power distribution systems and equipment.
- Operates, maintains, tests, repairs, services, and stores electrical generating equipment, water distribution systems, flood lights, air compressors, and aircraft arresting systems.
- Bench checks repairable components, subassemblies, and solid-state components by using test equipment, load banks, and other equipment as may be required by technical data.
- Tests required gauges and meters to assure accuracy and reliability.
- Interprets electrical drawings, schematics, blueprints, and maintenance malfunction data related to assigned equipment to prevent potential systems failure.
- Analyzes malfunctions by inspection, observation of operation, and use of test equipment.
- Repairs, inspects, fabricates, cleans, operates, maintains, corrosion controls, reconstitutes, and prepares BEAR assets/equipment air/sea/road haul shipments in accordance with Maintenance Action Sheets, Technical Orders, Manuals, Checklists, Regulations, Maintenance Action Sheets, and Unit Type Code (UTC) Configuration listings.
- Performs required inspections and scheduled maintenance, troubleshoots repair situations and performs other maintenance on all assigned equipment.
- Interprets electrical drawings, schematics and blueprints.
- Conforms to USAF/DynCorp International safety, hazardous material and quality standards.
- Performs maintenance in accordance with Maintenance Action Sheets, Air Force Technical Orders and DynCorp International directives.
- Assists in the erection, construction and operation of Bare Base power generation and associated equipment to support real world exercises and contingencies.
- Performs servicing and/or maintenance of in-use assets as required.
- Ensures all tools, personal protective equipment and clothing issued remain safe, secure and serviceable, reporting any deficiencies.
- Prepares and completes documentation including Work Orders, USAF Supply and DynCorp forms and update Maximo.
- Operates material handling equipment as required.
- Inspects Hazardous Materials within the assigned work center and coordinates with the appropriate office for the disposal of HAZMAT when required.
- Performs other tasks and duties as directed by DynCorp/ USAF tasking.
- May be required to assist in other departments when directed or requested to accomplish a specific task or project.
- Performs Temporary Duty (TDY) in the Area of Operations as required by USAF/DynCorp tasking.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Must have organizational skills and be able to understand, speak, read and write English at a beginner level.
- Ability to read and understand technical data, plans/blueprints and publications pertaining to BOB assets or similar Department of Defense Agencies Contingency Systems preferred.
- Maximo experience preferred.
- Must possess a valid home country driver's license and ability to obtain host nation driver's license.
- Will be required to operate material handling equipment.
Experience & Education:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be experienced on high/low voltage generators and load testing.
- Hands-on experience with BOB assets or similar Department of Defense Agencies Contingency Systems preferred.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment:
- Works in maintenance shop or warehouse environment and may be required to work outdoors for extended periods.
- May be exposed to extreme noise from operating equipment.
- Will be required to wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) according to prescribed procedures and as required for task being performed.
- Physically capable of performing all required duties; capable of lifting/pushing/pulling minimum of 50 lbs. and performing extensive work handling/lifting equipment.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Amentum is a premier global technical and engineering services partner supporting critical programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and environment. We draw from a century-old heritage of operational excellence, mission focus, and successful execution underpinned by a strong culture of safety and ethics.