JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.
Project Engineer (Only Nationals to be consider)
- Manage and coordinate multidiscipline engineering activities to ensure projects are executed in a safe, efficient, cost effective and timely manner.
- Act as primary technical co-ordination interface with client to ensure that the client's expectations are satisfied.
- Ensure the project conforms to the client's approved Basis of Design and all applicable regulatory and code requirements.
- Visibly support Worley One-Way Program and maintain HSE focus within the team to ensure OHSE requirements included in design and procurement.
- Establish, maintain and build healthy client relationships and resolve project issues as required with the client.
- Proactively resolve performance, scope and schedule issues with the Client as they arise.
- Effectively manage assigned budgets within Worley' total scope.
- Ensure compliance with WPMP.
- Ensure compliance with requirements of the contract.
- Apply effective change control process.
- Monitor cost aspects of the project within direct control and forecast final costs, identify trends and take action to avoid cost overruns.
- Contribute to supporting and complying with Worley policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Focus the relevant team members on achievement of milestones and other key project objectives.
- Effective communication with the design team and third parties.
- Accurate, timely and effective reporting to the Project Manager.
- Monitor the closure of all identified risks in the risk register and proactively search for other areas in the project which may be a risk in the future.
- Set clear objectives to the design team and manages inter-discipline interfaces effectively.
- Ensure the design team aware of, and complies with, client's requirements and applicable regulations and codes.
- Assist as required the procurement processes throughout the project to ensure goods meet specification, are delivered on time and are within budget.
What you will bring
Technical and Industry Experience
- Previous technical, practical and leadership experience in the relevant discipline and proven experience in leading a discipline design group.
Education Qualifications, Accreditation, Training
- A recognised engineering degree in the relevant discipline or equivalent.
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status.
What we offer you
Providing our people with an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.