JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
• Responsible in implementing all projects and maximize business opportunities in his/ her specific area of responsibility.
• The role involves working across a wide range of clients and focus on the retention, strategic development and growth of each. This position supports the Project Manager in maximizing the markets’ potential.
• Generate and win new potential accounts.
• Work with the Project Manager in carrying out comprehensive research for new and existing leisure products that can be adapted to the existing company products.
• Manage projects from start to finish including venue sourcing, site visits, preparation of proposals, budgets, and database management.
• Handle multiple projects from entry level to large scale events.
• Draw up complicated travel itineraries.
• Visit clients and ensure that all their needs are met.
• Develop proposals and prepare quotations.
• Liaise with suppliers and contractors for quotations.
• Contacting hotels, and ground transport companies to make suitable arrangements.
• Negotiate with suppliers.
• Making arrangements for transport, accommodation, tours, and activities.
• Follow up on concepts and proposals approved by clients and convert them into reality.
• Ensure that each event is creatively planned, within budget and schedule.
• Conduct site inspections and measurements.
• Pre-event planning, on-site event execution and coordination to ensure the delivery of a high quality event.
• Implement and execute each project according to action plan and defined strategy.
• Supervise all suppliers and contractors working on location.
• Ensure a smooth operation throughout each event.
• Logistics management and inventory control of all equipment, materials, etc.
• Follow up with payments.
• Document complaints in an efficient and professional manner.
• Constantly communicate with our clients for follow up and retention.
• Ensure requests/changes are handled promptly.
• Coordinate with key departments such as operations, reservations, excursions and accounts.
• Actively take part in the departmental briefings & sales activities.
• Manifest good knowledge about Oman as a destination and incorporates that information into the selling process.
• Prepare monthly reports.
• Three (3) years’ experience in the Meetings & Incentives industry
• Knowledgeable in Destination Management – MICE in Oman.
• Assist on the development, production, and delivery of projects from proposal right up to delivery.
• Handles the group proposals and bookings, and to ensure that all arrangements are done and carried out as per the itineraries.
• Communicate with overseas agents, local partners, and key departments such as operations, reservations, excursions and finance.
• Manifest good knowledge about Oman as a destination and incorporates the information into the selling process.
• Pro-active sales with a very strong personality
• Able to challenge in a constructive manner
• Has the right attitude, aptitude, and displays positive behavior
• Ability to think critically and share ideas and knowledge
• Educational qualification in Travel and Tourism.
• Must be having Oman driving license
ABOUT THE COMPANY
An organization built on professionalism, extensive experience and guest-centricity, Desert Gate was a long-sought dream of a visionary who established the company in 2004 as a supplier of the local needs of top-level tour operators in the UAE. Today, it is a full-fledged Premium DMC, serving the seven emirates of the UAE, Oman and it’s newest destination - The Maldives. Over the years, the company has been recognised and rewarded for its innovative approach to product design as well as providing top notch service to its guests.
A solid financial base complemented with a well-proven, reliable top management boasting of 75 years of combined experience in the travel industry, Desert Gate envisions to become the number one Luxury travel group in the Gulf region, with a plan to expand its services to other destinations that are connected culturally to its home market.
Desert Gate is part of the MTS Globe group and through that partnership has access to the best-in-class technology and cleanest XML feed in the industry. Also, as a traditional DMC, Desert Gate has all you can expect from a first-rate ground handler, such as excellent contracting, creative excursions and superior in-resort service levels.
Desert Gate combines the very best of a traditional DMC with avant-garde technology and connectivity.