JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Our company - a leading International Shipping line and a worldwide provider of global logistics services to support the international supply chain industry.
We are looking for an experienced Sales Manager to oversee our sales team and create a scalable sales strategy. You will be directly responsible for Managing a team of sales Team , training and coaching them to exceed monthly Sales Targets. And forecasting on a weekly and monthly basis, tracking sales team performance metrics, and reporting data on a regular basis. We are looking for someone with demonstrated success driving revenue and Volume growth and improving established sales processes. A strong analytical background and a customer-centric attitude are must-haves for this role.
• Manage the selling process to external customers, including pricing contract negotiations.
• Maintain relationships with top accounts and participate in sales calls.
• Identify account needs, opportunities, and key buying factors for existing customers, and formalize those into account plans and strategies.
• Pro-actively search, qualify, develop, and engage into new customer relationships.
• Develop local sales support tools and assist in building individual customer strategies, including identification of up-selling opportunities.
• Manage and coach a team of individuals to optimal performance including setting account strategies, creating account plans, proposal development, negotiation, and service delivery.
• Set goals with the team and track progress using KPIs and take corrective action where necessary.
• Ensure tools and processes are being adopted and put into practice.
• Manage forecasting/budget process to align with budget goals.
• Product and service knowledge of Liner industry.
• Weekly Performance Review with Team.
• Continuously review sales portfolio and make adjustment to ensure the highest efficiency to meet the Budget figures.
• Customer satisfaction: actively monitor local NPS for Efficiency and Customer Satisfaction.
• Keen focus on developing Value-added Services as per Customer’s requirements.
• Develop Reefer and Project cargo along with Dry Cargo.
• Offer and develop intermodal Business
• Roll out the Digital Solutions to the Customers
• Offer and develop intermodal business.
• Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status.
• Achieve growth and hit sales targets by successfully managing the sales team.
• Design and implement a strategic business plan that expands company’s customer base and ensure its strong presence.
• Strong business sense and industry expertise.
• Proven 7-10 plus years Sales Management experience within the Shipping and Logistics industry.
• Has strong knowledge of Container/Shipping Line (products and services).
• Has strong knowledge about the local market, competitor, and industry trends.
• Demonstrated results – performance, leadership and organizational wise.
• Coaches extensively his/her team. Supports individual salespeople in target accounts.
• Leverages internal and external relationships to expand business opportunities. Trade-lane expertise, Strategic.
• Thinking Product, service knowledge Leadership skills, Team Player and able to meet tight deadlines.
• Analytical Skills, communicates effective. Proficient in MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint. • Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
ABOUT THE COMPANY
MSC is a privately owned global shipping company founded in 1970 by Gianluigi Aponte. As one of the world’s leading container shipping lines with headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland, MSC operates in over 524 offices across more than 155 countries worldwide with over 74,000 employees. With access to an integrated network of road, rail and sea transport resources which stretches across the globe, the company prides itself on delivering global service with local knowledge.