JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success.
• Identifies software necessary to enable Offshore Structural group to function effectively
• Ensures recognised engineering practices applicable to Offshore Structural design engineering are adopted within the discipline.
• Review designs, sketches and reports with supporting calculations for projects, and supply drafting staff with information to assist in the production of detailed drawings, the development of quantities, materials lists and cost estimates as required.
• Ensure recognised offshore engineering practices applicable to Structural design are adopted
• Gathers data from multiple sources and prepares engineering studies, analyses, calculations, etc. Crafts recommendations and creates final documentation.
• Determines technical issues, defines alternate solutions, establishes pros/cons for multiple solutions, and makes recommendations through official project documents such as technical queries, technical deviations, etc.
• Creates final documentation incorporating all relevant information and pursues customer approval. May review similar documentation to assist others and reviews/authorizes work done by direct reports.
• Preparation of detailed designs and drawings, specifications, data, calculations and reports for offshore and onshore structures and civil activities
• Typically has 8 years of relevant discipline experience. Has a strong background in discipline work and a competent understanding of regulations, codes, manufacturing standards, and industry standard practices. Skilled in estimating project costs and writing proposal content.
• Offshore and Onshore experience
• Specialized expertise of the regulations, codes and standards and a good understanding of engineering practices applicable to Offshore Structural design engineering for oil and gas/infrastructure facilities.
• Highly effective technical and practical engineering skills in the Offshore Structural discipline as well as onshore Civil discipline, and able to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to Worley and its clients.
• Specialized expertise of the fundamental requirements of the Offshore and Onshore Structural discipline, and the basic requirements of other disciplines.
• Specialized expertise of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory requirements.
• Thorough knowledge of Industrial/International Codes and Standards BS EN, UBC, IBC, AISC, API, ACI, ASCE, Chevron.
• Extensive experience in facility platform design and including both the substructure and topsides and bridges.
• Comprehensive understanding of structural analysis in the areas of dynamic loading and resistance, collapse analysis, boat impact analysis, spectral fatigue analysis, fire and explosion design, reliability based analysis, lifting and transportation analysis, dropped object etc. is essential.
• Proficient in the use of relevant Offshore Structural discipline specific software SACS etc .
• Proficient in the use of relevant Onshore Civil discipline specific software STAAD Pro, MAT3D, STAAD Foundation, etc
• Degree in Civil Engineering
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.