JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
• Support Ships Agency Operations team on D/A processes in general
• Timely closure of Disbursement & FDA production within KPI
• Support and effectively contribute to the progress and development of Disbursement & Business Control process in Oman
• Reporting to Senior Ships Agency Administrator/ Accountant
• Finalization of DA’s in co-ordination with respective SA Operation teams
• Posting of Internal invoices accurately
• Verification of posted invoices in WASP prior to finalization.
• Comply with accurate tax code and liaise with accounts team on Month end VAT checking.
• Checking the accuracy of prefunds received & posted prior to finalization.
• Close follow up with suppliers for related invoices and credit notes to ensure timely accounting.
• Complete the disbursement account within agreed KPIs.
• Guiding DAC Team with necessary instructions on FDA submission and procedures
• Including Manual TRN details in MSML FDAs
• Accounting Petty Cash Vouchers into WASP and matching it in IFS on a weekly basis.
• Month-end Reconciliation of Prel.Report, ensuring all revenue and costs are booked within the timeframe.
• Closely liaise with respective port operations team on Prefund collection status
• Coordinating with Credit team for timely refund on ageing outstanding dues
• Updating DA production report on weekly basis
• Updating WIP reconciliation report for non-finalized DAs and providing to Finance in twice a month.
• Handling & resolving customer queries related to Disbursement.
• Responsible to follow QHSSE policies, guideline, procedures, and legal & other requirements established by the company in line with ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001/ISO 45
• Booking of courier shipments and co-ordination including FDA courier dispatch
• D/A production to be maintained within the KPIs.
• Timely and accuracy to be maintained in handling supplier invoices.
• Overall Support to Ships Agency Operations Team
Qualifications Mandatory requirements
• Accounting or Finance degree
• Experience & knowledge of General Accounting Principles.
• Experience in Shipping Disbursement Accounts
• Expert Computer Skills
• Fluency in English Language
• Ability to co-ordinate with strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
• Ability to work independently.
• MS OFFICE
• SAP ARIBA
Experience at Dry Dock DA handling will be highly regarded.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
KERSHAW LEONARD "WE CHANGE PEOPLES LIVES"
Who we are:
Founded in September 1999 The Kershaw Leonard Group was based upon professional recruitment practices laid down by the UK Institute of Employment Consultants whose values are still at the core of our success today.
Inherently we believe that recruitment is a people business not a CV processing business and as such we take time and care to make sure we understand the needs of both our Clients and our Candidates.
Such attention to the care side of our business together with the sheer length of time we have been established has given us a unique position. We regularly attract top class candidates who only want to work with Kershaw Leonard as they trust our confidentiality and professionalism. Similarly, more than 75% of the clients we work with come back for more when they have a new position to fill.
What we do:
Kershaw Leonard Group places exceptional talent on a Global scale. Our winning strategy is to partner very closely with a small number of clients so we can really understand their objectives, needs and aspirations in a way that allows us to intuitively know the kind of cultural fit they are looking for when the time comes for them to recruit new talent. Then once that talent is on board and part of the client’s team, to assist wherever is needed to improve performance and leadership skills
The Kershaw Leonard Group is more than just a recruitment agency. In addition to KL Recruitment, KL Consulting offers a vast spectrum of skills from our experienced behavioural psychologist and consultants with almost two decades of HR Director level experience in the region.