JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Attending all vessels within the scope of responsibility, in compliance with applicable work processes, standards and procedures, with special attention to correct, accurate and timely use of the operating system.
The Ships Agency Operator reports to the Ships Agency Manager / Ships Agency Operations Manager.
• Attend and board vessels as required and as directed by respective Manager, in accordance with the clients SOP and Customer Requirements.
• Responsible for the effective coordination of assigned port calls.
• Advice on selection of contractors for goods and services provided to principals, including submission of competitive quotations, as required.
• Ensure compliance with Port Services processes, standards and procedures, including correct use of the operating system (WASP).
• Ensure mandatory use of WASP as reporting tool in compliance with the SOP.
• Ensure proper monitoring of the vessel and attendance to any follow up enquiries.
• Ensure correct amount of pre-funding are received or the correct level of authority has approved any deviation, prior to performing the Port Call. Same to be ensured when additional funding required prior vessel’s sailing.
• Establish and maintain vessel’s files and ensure that all transactional systems are updated real time.
• Ensure proactive, efficient and timely communication at all times.
• Report leads, business opportunities and relevant port updates observed to Manager.
• Monitor and record expenses that arises during vessels’ port call.
• Ensure Cash-in-Transit (Cash to Master) as per WPS procedure.
• Proactively follow up, check and approve supplier’s invoices.
• Ensure cost effective Vessel Operations.
• Comply with WPS PPE Standard when working in ports/onboard vessels.
• QHSSE matters in own function – use of TAKE 5 as appropriate.
• Provide input to improve the operational and cost efficiency of the port call
This position will be measured against:
• A consistent high level of accuracy of deliverables.
• Annual KPI targets for Port Services performance.
Health & Safety
As an employee:
The employee is responsible to adhere to the company’s health and safety requirements* to ensure their own safety and the safety of their colleagues by:
1. participating in risk assessment processes in the workplace
2. completing required health and safety training and certifications
3. following safe work practices and procedures and use personal protective equipment (PPE) when required
4. inspecting equipment and the workplace regularly and actively eliminating hazards
5. reporting accidents, incidents, injuries, near misses, safety risks and issues of non-compliance with health and safety procedures according to internal procedure
6. Developing the safety culture at own workplace and cooperating with others on matters relating to health and safety
*this includes physical as well as psychosocial health and safety
OMR 650 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• Maritime background and experience from Ships Agency Operations.
• Good communication skills and command of the in English language (oral and written).
• Process and system understanding.
• Self-motivated and result orientated.
• Proactive and possesses ability to anticipate issue to facilitate preventive measures.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Problem solving skills with ability to make fast and sound judgement.
• Ability to effectively plan & direct an operation without compromising on safety to personnel and vessel.
• Good motivator and team leadership skills.
• Familiar with Port & local Authorities regulations, procedures and governing tariffs.
• Computer literate.
• GIMS / Processes/Wilhelmsen Port Services.
• WWH, WMS and WPS governing documents.
Experience with such companies as Atlantic Shipping or Sharaf Shipping will be highly regarded
ABOUT THE COMPANY
KERSHAW LEONARD "WE CHANGE PEOPLES LIVES"
Who we are:
Founded in September 1999 The Kershaw Leonard Group was based upon professional recruitment practices laid down by the UK Institute of Employment Consultants whose values are still at the core of our success today.
Inherently we believe that recruitment is a people business not a CV processing business and as such we take time and care to make sure we understand the needs of both our Clients and our Candidates.
Such attention to the care side of our business together with the sheer length of time we have been established has given us a unique position. We regularly attract top class candidates who only want to work with Kershaw Leonard as they trust our confidentiality and professionalism. Similarly, more than 75% of the clients we work with come back for more when they have a new position to fill.
What we do:
Kershaw Leonard Group places exceptional talent on a Global scale. Our winning strategy is to partner very closely with a small number of clients so we can really understand their objectives, needs and aspirations in a way that allows us to intuitively know the kind of cultural fit they are looking for when the time comes for them to recruit new talent. Then once that talent is on board and part of the client’s team, to assist wherever is needed to improve performance and leadership skills
The Kershaw Leonard Group is more than just a recruitment agency. In addition to KL Recruitment, KL Consulting offers a vast spectrum of skills from our experienced behavioural psychologist and consultants with almost two decades of HR Director level experience in the region.