JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
The Vehicle Shop Foreman (SPV) supervises all aspects of reconstitution, preservation and maintenance of USAF vehicle assets. Carries out all duties in accordance with USAF mandatory requirements. Ensures compliance with Performance Work Statement (PWS) and Amentum ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System (QMS).
- Ensures reconstitution, preservation and inspection goals are attained.
- Ensures work is carried out in accordance with priorities, goals and schedules.
- Ensures Limited Technical Inspections (LTI's) are performed within prescribed guidelines.
- Supervises the inspection and preparation of USAF vehicle assets for air/land/sea movement.
- Ensures safety practices and housekeeping standards are maintained to the highest standard.
- Ensures that all tools and equipment are serviceable, accounted for and secured.
- Stores and disposes of all hazardous materials in accordance with Amentum International Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and the rules and regulations of the host country.
- Responsible for the quality of parts research and ensures that only required repair parts are requested to include the local availability of parts and services.
- Oversees Time Compliance Technical Order (TCTO) actions and service bulletins to ensure completion within prescribed guidelines.
- Ensures correct and expeditious completion of work orders.
- Utilizes the management reports from DPAS to effectively manage the WRM fleet.
- Ensures that complete inspections are performed on all completed vehicle repairs to ensure a quality product is delivered to the customer.
- Ensures all unused serviceable repair parts are returned to the supply facility and removed XF3 parts are turned back over to supply to clear the DIFM Account.
- Verifies all Vehicle Down for Parts (VDP) decisions and monitors cannibalization requirements.
- Inspects/insures the quality of work performed by subcontractors and reports all deficiencies to the Superintendent and the Contracting Office.
- Monitors job performance, ensures staff training and is adequate for the task.
- Recommends and or provides additional training when it is determined necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Works in normal office and maintenance shop or warehouse environment and may be required to work outdoors for extended periods.
- Must be proficient in the use of personal computers and Windows Operating System and Microsoft Office to include as a minimum Power Point, Excel and Word programs.
- Must be capable of operating and repairing light to heavy military and commercial type vehicles.
- Must have working knowledge of diagnostic computer programs such as Cummins INSITE, CAT, OBD scanners.
- Will have good organizational and communication skills, particularly in dealings with subordinates.
- Must possess a valid home country driver's license and ability to obtain host nation driver's license.
- May be required to operate material handling equipment.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Recognized national qualification in vehicle maintenance at a higher level required.
- Seven years' experience in USAF or US service equivalent vehicle and equipment repair required.
- May be exposed to extreme noise from operating equipment.
- Will be required to wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) according to prescribed procedures and as required for task being performed.
- Physically capable of performing all required duties; capable of lifting/pushing/pulling minimum of 50 lbs.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- 60K loader certification preferred.
- Two years' experience in a supervisory capacity preferred.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Amentum is a premier global technical and engineering services partner supporting critical programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and environment. We draw from a century-old heritage of operational excellence, mission focus, and successful execution underpinned by a strong culture of safety and ethics.