JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Application Support Analyst-
This role is for an application support analyst who will work with other functional and technical consultants to provide daily application support. We want this role to be filled by someone who is passionate about learning latest technology, solving problems, a team player and is excited about working in a challenging environment.
Application Support Analyst with-atleast 1-0-12 years of experience in a similar role. Candidates will be responsible for providing application-level support (L1 & L2), development of new interfaces, extracting reports I data on ad-hoc basis from relevant application and databases. Must have a bachelor's degree in ICT or related field from a reputed institute.
Job Description/ Job Responsibilities
• Responsible for monitoring and responding to open tickets submitted through an incident management system
• Prioritize and handle service requests and incidents
• Assessing problems.
• Provide application support in resolving and troubleshooting problems.
• Develop I extract reports from existing applications or available databases
• Contribute in writing T-SQL code and tools to assist Level 1 support to diagnose and resolve incidents
• Escalation of issues to the correct team where necessary
• Ensure the performance of daily health checks of the applications, scripts, and infrastructure.
• Develop scripts works with team to automate repeatable manual tasks.
• Responsible for improving and documenting the technical processes around application support
• Identify opportunities for process improvement and contribute to departmental Initiatives.
• Provide and support recommendations for improved procedures and polices
• Providing on-call support
• Support deployed applications and interact with users to help troubleshoot day to-day issues (L1I L2 support)
• Must have bachelor's degree in IT or related major Minimum Experience:
• 10-12 years of progressive experience within application support/IT operations organizations
• 5 years' experience with T-SQL ability to view and write T-SQL code for triage and investigation
• ITIL foundation certification (preferred)
• Azure fundamentals I Cloud certification is an advantage.
Job Specific Skills:
• Ability to communicate and work with technical and non-technical audience
• Sound analytical skills with the ability to successfully troubleshoot and solve problem
• Ability to Perform ad-hoc task and analysis for the support team as needed
• Contribute in writing T-SQL code and tools to assist Level 1support to diagnose and resolve incidents
• Should be able to meet SLAs.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Vistas Global is a diversified group of businesses with interests in technology (Vistas Global WLL, Momenta WLL), human capital, media (Vistas Media ME-FZ LLC), digital, food & beverage (Nushi, Haagen Dazs, Caliburger, Kamats), engineering (Vistas Security, Vistas Engineering) and real estate.
The group was founded by Suraj Thampi, an entrepreneur who pioneered the business process outsourcing concept in the Middle East in 1998. Having successfully built and sold three companies previously, Vistas is now his fourth venture in the region. In a short period of time, Vistas has emerged as one of the largest professional service companies in the region, employing over 1,300 people across 5 continents, 8 Offices and 5 Time Zones.