JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Audit & Assurance | Senior Manager
When you work for us, you commit to a career at one of the largest and most prestigious professional services firms in the world. Looking for a rewarding career? Take a closer look at Deloitte & Touche ME. You'll understand that Deloitte is a Tier 1 Tax advisor in the GCC region since 2010 (according to the International Tax Review World Tax Rankings). It has received numerous awards in the last few years which include Best Employer in the Middle East, best consulting firm, and the Middle East Training & Development Excellence Award by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW).
A career in Audit at Deloitte & Touche Middle East is a key link in the financial reporting chain, putting you in the position of trusted advisor to businesses across the region. Your people skills will be required for the latter, while your analytical mind will be another integral requirement for success. You will need the flexibility to implement our international audit approach while bringing to the fore your understanding of the complexities and unique circumstances of our clients and the business landscape across our diverse region. All this while adhering to the highest standards of independence, professional objectivity, and technical excellence.
Deloitte makes an impact that matters. Every day we challenge ourselves to do what matters most-for clients, for our people, and for society. We serve clients distinctively, bringing innovative insights, solving complex challenges, and unlocking sustainable growth. We inspire our talented professionals to deliver outstanding value to clients, providing an exceptional career experience and an inclusive and collaborative culture. We contribute to society, building confidence and trust in the markets, upholding the integrity of organizations, and supporting our communities.
Our shared values guide the way we behave to make a positive, enduring impact:
- Lead the way
- Serve with integrity
- Take care of each other
- Foster inclusion
- Collaborate for measurable impact
During your tenure as a Senior Manager in Audit & Assurance, you will demonstrate and develop your capabilities in the following areas:
- Identifies the entity's strategic audit and risk priorities and highlights these to key stakeholders, proactively offering strategic insights to address these.
- Makes sure that risk assessment procedures were appropriately considered in the development of the plan, execution of audit procedures, and evaluation of audit results.
- Contributes knowledge and perspective to the risks, materiality and scope discussions for the audit report and checks the audit plan covers all the relevant areas with consideration of wider business issues. Considers messaging from National Audit Office, trends in audit reporting and peer reporting via National Audit Office tools and publications.
- Includes the expert/specialist in audit planning meetings to discuss planned involvement of the expert/specialist and sets expectations regarding the application of an appropriate level of professional skepticism by the expert/specialist.
- Actively participates in the group risk assessment and planning of work to be performed by component auditors. Review's referral instructions on a timely basis and evaluates responses from component auditors. Resolves issues identified, including where work has been referred to challenging environments.
- Is familiar with analysis on audit reports, uses the Guide to audit reporting, has read several other audit reports in the same industry before drafting a new report.
- Drives the audit team in a robust approach to revenue testing by: utilizing process flow diagrams for material revenue streams, gaining a deep understanding of the entity's recognition policies and how they relate to terms and conditions, actively considering the appropriateness of a controls reliance approach, and developing a tailored approach to address the risk of fraud.
- Develops and reviews comprehensive project plans for complex engagements early in the audit cycle, that include clear timescales, co-ordination with the extended engagement team, has a clear contingency plan to mitigate the risks of unseen obstructions, and has adequate resources with the required skills and knowledge for testing.
- Communicates the project plan and any entity related dependencies (e.g., documentation, reviews) with the entity's management team so that they are aware, at the beginning of the audit, of any repercussions (e.g., deadlines, fees) due to deviations from this plan. When slippages arise, clearly ascertains how they arose and negotiates overruns with the entity's management team where appropriate.
- Facilitates application of professional skepticism by driving early consultation with relevant facts in areas where consultation is either mandatory or necessary for the relevant experience, objectivity and knowledge to be applied in forming a judgement.
- Engages with the firm's quality control procedures and commits to audit quality by driving improvement of prior year testing and consistently challenging whether the global audit imperatives have been reflected in the planning and execution of the audit.
- Builds own understanding of our purpose and values; explores opportunities for impact.
- Demonstrates strong commitment to personal learning and development; acts as a brand ambassador to help attract top talent.
- Understands expectations and demonstrates personal accountability for keeping performance on track.
- Actively focuses on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills.
- Understands how their daily work contributes to the priorities of the team and the business.
- MBA or equivalent, preferably a degree in Accounting, Auditing, or any related field
- Minimum 8+ years of experience in public accounting, auditing, audit management, budget, business plan, business strategy, preferably with big Audit Firms
- Extensive knowledge of best practice reporting and International financial reporting standards. Able to ensure that the applicable accounting and auditing standards have been consistently applied and obtains appropriate evidence to support the assessment that the financial statements have been prepared in in accordance with the applicable financial reporting framework
- Ability to develop one's own knowledge and the knowledge of others as it relates to Deloitte's tools and audit methodology and the applicable professional accounting and auditing standards through both formal learning and on-the-job training
- Ability to thoroughly review audit documentation for completeness, accuracy and adequacy while ensuring timely archiving of work papers
- International accounting qualification is required: CA, ACCA, or CPA.
- Fluent in English (reading, speaking, and writing). Preference will be given to Bilingual candidates (Arabic/English)
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Deloitte is the world's largest and leading professional services firm, providing audit & assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory and tax and services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries, whether they are in the energy, communications, oil and gas, financial services, family businesses, healthcare, public or education sectors among others.
With a globally connected network of member firms in more than 150 countries and territories, Deloitte brings world-class capabilities and high-quality service to clients, delivering the insights they need to address their most complex business challenges. Deloitte's more than 250,000 professionals are committed to becoming the standard of excellence.
Deloitte & Touche (M.E.) is a member firm of Deloitte globally and is the first Arab professional services firm established in the Middle East region Deloitte & Touche (M.E.) is a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL) and is a leading professional services firm established in the Middle East region with uninterrupted presence since 1926 with 26 offices in 15 countries to date. What distinguishes Deloitte member firms in the Middle East is the global and regional expertise and know-how offered through specialized and highly knowledgeable talent. Deloitte aims to offer the best services to its clients through a team with more than 3,300 partners, directors and staff in the Middle East which guarantees effective communication with clients and a deeper understanding of their needs. It is a Tier 1 Tax advisor in the GCC region since 2010 (according to the International Tax Review World Tax Rankings). It has also received numerous awards in the last few years which include best employer in the Middle East, best consulting firm, the Middle East Training & Development Excellence Award by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW), as well as the best CSR integrated organization.
Deloitte drives progress. Our practices around the Middle East support clients become leaders wherever they choose to compete. We invest in outstanding people of diverse talents and backgrounds and empower them to achieve more than they could elsewhere. Our work combines advice with action and integrity. We believe that when our clients and society are stronger, so are we.
Deloitte makes an impact that matters. Every day we challenge ourselves to do what matters most-for clients, for our people, and for society. We serve clients distinctively, bringing innovative insights, solving complex challenges and unlocking sustainable growth. We inspire our talented professionals to deliver outstanding value to clients, providing an exceptional career experience and an inclusive and collaborative culture. We contribute to society, building confidence and trust in the markets, upholding the integrity of organizations and supporting our communities.
Our shared values guide the way we behave to make a positive, enduring impact:
- Outstanding value to markets and clients
- Commitment to each other
- Strength from cultural diversity