JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
The most impressive landmark to grace the Doha skyline, La Cigale Hotel lives up to its reputation and introduces new levels of comfort to hotel and leisure facilities in the city.
What is in it for you?
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
Reporting to the Chief Concierge, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Welcome guests and assist in/out of vehicles by opening doors in a gracious and courteous manner. Extend particular assistance to children, elderly, and specially abled guests
- Inform guests of vehicle parking procedures, if necessary, and direct Valet Parkers accordingly
- Attend review of daily event sheet with Bell Captain and be familiar with regular guests
- Be knowledgeable about hotel facilities, updated on activities, promotions and happenings in the hotel/city to provide accurate information
- Assist Valet Parkers in issuing valet tickets to guests
- Direct flow of traffic at hotel driveways ensuring maximum safety
- Coordinate with security for the strict implementation of safety procedures
- Handle guests' luggage promptly and professionally, using safe handling techniques
- Deputize for Bellmen when necessary in retrieving/loading guest items from cars, busses, vans and carts
- Grasp, lift, carry and/or load luggage and packages onto a bell cart to transport items to hotel lobby
- Ensure that all luggage is retrieved and loaded/unloaded on to/from correct vehicle with guest. Always re-confirm with guests that correct number of luggage had been loaded/unloaded before allowing the vehicle to move
- Respond to queries positively
- Follow department policies, procedures and service standards, including all safety policies
- Report "Lost & Found" items
- Perform other duties as assigned and requested
Your experience and skills include:
- Service focused personality is essential; customer related experience an asset
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills and a professional presentation
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.