JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
The position holds the overall responsibility for new business opportunity development in accordance with the overall objectives of the Group. The Business Development Manager is responsible for new concepts beginning with setting the strategy through the initial development of the Business. As a member of the Business Development Department, BDM supports in developing new business and strategic partnerships, identifying and negotiating merger and acquisition opportunities, supporting strategic planning for growth opportunities locally, regionally and globally.
- Utilizes a systematic approach for evaluating and selecting new ventures.
- Evaluates opportunities in business sectors related and not related to the Group’s current businesses.
- Conducts business and market research.
- Prepares feasibility studies & due diligence for the Group to conclude on a business opportunity.
- Develops new lines of business to achieve the company’s mission
- Identifies potential organizations for merger or acquisition to expand existing product lines or bring new product lines to the organization.
- Pursues the development of strategic partnerships, relationships and alliances.
- Provides support and strategic planning processes to ensure strategies alignment with market drivers.
- Create and manage an annual business development plan.
- Coordinates technical and operational requirements for new businesses and ventures with internal Business Units.
- Liaises the contractual requirements with Legal, Finance, and other support Teams.
- Locates or proposes potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities
- Participates in due diligence audits, site visits, meetings of potential enterprise companies to purchase
- Develops negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new ventures with company
- Strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials; estimating partners’ needs and goals.
- Evaluates new business deals by coordinating requirements, developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with the key stakeholders.
- Manage the relationships with industry partners including negotiating contracts, managing of commercial structures, evaluation of industry benchmarks.
- Provide strong representation for the company at all times.
- Develop a systematic approach in evaluating and selecting new ventures.
- Finance and Business acumen
- Clear strategic mindset with analytical focus
- Proven leadership skills
- Negotiation skills
- Rapport and relationship building abilities
- Ability to communicate, present and negotiate at all levels
- Innovation and creativity
- Results driven
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Project Management skills, problem solving, organizational and planning skills
- Advanced computer literacy
- Business plan and report writing skills
- Pro-actively identify new and different business opportunities to support the organization’s growth objectives
- Strategizing Focus
- Coaching and motivating
- Negotiation Skills
- Problem solving
- Planning and organizing ability
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent English language
- Teamwork and delegation
Interested applicants, please apply online.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Engage was formed in 2007 in response to frustrations at the level of service delivery offered by traditional large recruitment agencies working in the construction market. With a belief in providing a truly knowledgeable, precise and quality driven service, Engage strives to offer a recruitment experience to both employers and candidates that is unrivalled in the marketplace.
We provide precision staffing solutions, including contingency and executive search, within the construction and commercial marketplaces. Our enduring relationships with market leading organisations in the region and overseas means we have access to the best candidates and the best vacancies.