JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
The most impressive landmark to grace the Doha skyline, La Cigale Hotel lives up to its reputation and introduces new levels of comfort to hotel and leisure facilities in the city.
What is in it for you?
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
Reporting to the Banquet Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Always greet and welcome guests promptly in a warm and friendly manner
- Always thank and give a fond farewell to guests conveying anticipation for their next visit
- Assist guest with table reservation
- Assist guests while seating
- Ensure guests are serviced within specified time
- Has a good knowledge of menu and presentation standards
- Speak with guests and staff using clear and professional language, and answer phone calls using appropriate telephone etiquette
- Able to answer any questions regarding menu and assist with menu selections
- Able to anticipate any unexpected guest need and reacts promptly and tactfully
- Always applies service techniques correctly at all times, and serving Food & Beverage items with enthusiasm
- Serve food courses and beverages to guests
- Record transaction / orders in Point of Sales systems at the time of order
- Communicate with the kitchen regarding any menu questions, the length of wait and product availability
- Communicate additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests to the kitchen
- Check with guests to ensure satisfaction with each food course and beverages
- Responsible for clearing, collecting and returning food and beverage items to proper area
- Maintain cleanliness of work areas, china, glass, etc. throughout the shift
- Reviews order dockets ensuring accurate and timely preparations for order requirements accordingly
- Present accurate final bill to guest and process payment
- Perform shift closing on the Point of sales terminal and tally cash and credit card settlements
- Ensures that hotel brand standards and SOP's are consistently implemented
- Conducts monthly inventory checks on all operating equipment and supplies
- Take an active role in coaching and developing junior staff
- Any other duties related to food and beverage service assigned by the manager
Your experience and skills include:
- Good command in both spoken and written English
- Should have pleasing personality
- Excellent guest service skill
- Good knowledge of food and beverage service
- Diploma or degree in Hotel Management or related field
- Familiar with Point of sale systems , MS office, Property management systems etc.
- 2 - 3 years of work experience in Food & Beverage gained from a 5 star international property, along with 1 year experience in a Captain position or a similar role an advantage
ABOUT THE COMPANY
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.