JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
• Establish catering section’s quality standards for food production and preparations, hygiene, safety, and environmental awareness in accordance with policies and procedures and maintain all Internal quality check record or documents as per the catering services procedure.
• Plan, organize, and administer the Catering contract, including supervision of Contractor’s personnel, for the department. Recommend and develop office systems to track meal numbers and types of services performed; analyse trends to support department continuous improvement drive.
• Supervise the works of assigned catering business unit to ensure adequate manpower coverage, equal distribution of work assignment and to evaluate performance to ensure delivery of service.
• Develop and review annual operating budget and capital needs for the execution of the Catering contract. Coordinate and review catering budget with Head of Catering for approval in line with department budget cap. Process invoices received from the catering contractor for the services rendered as per agreed contract.
• Liaise with the Contractor’s Head Chef to plan and coordinate details of catering events to include determining manpower levels and communicating menu requirements and selections ensuring adherence to the catering contract specifications.
• Ensure all pre risk assessments, health & safety, food safety checks and Allergen Management checks are carried out for any special catering functions and daily canteen operations.
• Conduct regular inspections of catering section in compliance with Company HSE standards, and ensure corrective action takes place and issues are closed out timely and professionally. Deal with customer complaints and managing client expectations.
• Conduct the checking & reviewing of the quality and quantity of all food & beverage supplies in storage, to ensure continuity of catering operation in all aspects of risk management. Monitor daily food sampling process is carried in all catering facilities in compliance with the health authorities. Review contractor performance evaluation as per the company procedure.
• Support the Permit to Work activity related to Catering related area of operation/facilities, and act as authorized signatory for material passes, gate passes, and when required for accomplishing certain services that involve material movement/distribution related to catering operation.
• Work closely with company representatives and review of layout, designs, fit out strategy, commissioning and operational readiness of additional facilities as required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Hotel or Catering Management.
• Certified in HACCP on Food Safety & Hygiene.
Knowledge and/or Experience
• 8 years’ experience in food service field including 4 years’ experience at supervisory level.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
QatarEnergy LNG, established in 1984, pioneered the Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) industry in Qatar and today is the largest producer of LNG in the world with an annual production capacity of 77 million tonnes per annum (MTPA) from its world-class facilities in Ras Laffan Industrial City, Qatar.
Since the first production in 1996, QatarEnergy LNG has successfully delivered cargos to more than 30 countries and is committed to meeting the world’s demand for safe, reliable and clean energy.
Through its operational excellence, QatarEnergy LNG is adding value to its production chain, contributing to the Qatari economy and Qatar’s National Vision to ensure efficient energy supplies for the country, creating new markets and contributing to the local community.
In addition to the LNG facilities, QatarEnergy LNG operates the Jetty Boil-Off Gas facility, Al Khaleej Gas, Ras Laffan Heilum, the two Laffan Refineries (among the largest condensate refineries in the world), and the Ras Laffan Terminal on behalf of All participants.