JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
As the Chief Strategy Officer you will develop, communicate, execute, and sustain all strategic initiatives, in addition to overlooking and supporting new corporate ventures
One of Qatar's leading private companies with a wide array of business divisions within its portfolio looking to start new ventures and expand on its existing businesses.
* Lead the development of the strategic plan while adhering to direction set by the Board of Directors
* Formalise and lead business strategies, focusing on long term trends and outlook, and competitive intelligence
* Oversee new corporate ventures and investments
* Identify, source, and evaluate new investment opportunities
* Lead strategic due diligence and support investment team in negotiation and investment execution
* Act as an incubator for new ventures, supporting them with various resources (e.g. management training, office space, etc.) until they reach enough maturity
* Act as a key advisor on critical changes in the competitive landscape, global marketplace and external business environment
* Ensure that strategic actions are completed at various corporate functions to achieve desired results and ensure that appropriate metrics are in place to measure performance and progress towards strategic goals
* Engage external business and industry experts to learn and influence business strategies, constantly remaining alert and forward-thinking about opportunities and risks in the different relevant sectors (e.g. Real Estate, Hospitality)
* Attractive tax-free salary with benefits
* Opportunity to lead growth efforts on behalf of a high value organisation
* Autonomous role with opportunity to provide a respected strategic advisory service
* Minimum 10 years of business experience in top managerial positions, preferably with exposure to relevant industries (e.g. Real Estate, Hospitality, Services, Trading and Distribution)
* Proven experience as CSO or other top managerial position
* Experience in developing profitable strategies and implementing vision
* Outstanding understanding of corporate ventures and investments topics
* Strong understanding of corporate finance and performance management principles
* Familiarity with diverse business functions such as finance, legal, marketing, etc.
* Entrepreneurial mindset with outstanding organisational and leadership skills
* MSc/MA in business administration or relevant field
* Analytical abilities and problem-solving skills
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.