JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
• Develops, in compliance to Qatar Rail Contracts policies, plans and procedures, all procurement and tenders strategies, plans and guidelines and coordinate documents for approval
• Ensures tenders are commercially feasible for the market, compares with international best practice and complies with Qatar Rail objectives.
• Identifies key interfaces, dependences and any risk allocation issues.
• Identifies commercial constraints and overall deliverability of the strategies and plans.
Takes responsibility for the tendering; including but not limited to the following:
• Prequalification stage, preparation of tender documents, information meetings and handling of Q&As, preparation of evaluation models, evaluation of proposals, negotiations, and award.
• Coordinates pre-qualification questionnaires (PQQ) preparation and develop financial sections. Deliver the PQQ(s) incorporating technical, commercial and legal input and develop the criteria that allow assessment of financial standing/stability
• Manages PQQ evaluation and undertake financial assessment.
• Manage the evaluation of PQQ responses, coordinate the technical report, draft the financial report and submit the both for approval of the shortlist.
• Coordinates tender preparation incorporating technical, commercial and legal input and develop the financial and commercial sections.
• Manages tender evaluation, including commercial support to Technical team and undertake financial evaluation.
• Develop evaluation guide and templates and manage the evaluation process.
• Develops &maintains, in compliance to Qatar Rail policies, plans and procedures, a robust plan and schedule for the preparation, submission, evaluation and award of the tenders.
• Organises and chair tender coordination meetings.
• Attends internal and extremal meetings that are part of the tenders process.
• Bachelor degree in related field (Master degree preferred) with successful working experience in procurement (tender) and contracts management; preferably within a construction and/or operational railway environment
• Minimum 10 years' hand-on experience in procurement (tender\management.
• Desire experience in developing tenders/bids.
• Proven management &leadership experience
• Proven competencies in project and/or commercial management
• Experience of building relationships with and influencing a range of people at all levels within and outside the organisation.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.