JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
• Administers and provides commercial management of assigned contracts in accordance with (i) applicable laws and regulations, (ii) contract provisions, (iii) policies, plans and procedures, and (iv) governance requirements.
• Provides effective contract administration of assigned contracts to ensure that optimum standards are achieved and value for money is ensured.
• Prepares all notices, instructions and related correspondence under assigned contracts in accordance with i) applicable laws and regulations, (ii) contract provisions, (iii) policies, plans and procedures, and (iv) governance requirements.
• Monitors and reports on all commercial aspects of assigned contracts including preparation of cost reporting.
• Deals with claims and variation to his level of delegated authority.
• Reviews and prepares applications for payment / invoices to Contractors in accordance with relevant funding agreements, including supporting documentation as appropriate.
• Advises the Contract Administration Manager on contract change in a timely manner and recommending appropriate action to mitigate risk.
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline.
• Minimum 10 years’ professional experience in contract administration and/or commercial management.
• Professional membership or candidate membership of RICS or similar will be an advantage.
• Able to administer contracts and implement commercial processes.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.