JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Contract Specialist – Qatar
Linum Consult’s client is currently seeking a bilingual Arabic- and English-speaking Contract Specialist with expertise in Procurement to join their team in Qatar. This is a permanent role.
• Assisting the Senior Contracts Specialist in the preparation of tender documents and ensuring the tendering process is carried out in accordance with approved policies and procedures
• Arranging site visits, issuing any bulletins during the tendering stage, preparing commercial bid reports and commercial clarifications
• Ensuring that the contract particulars are correctly entered into the ERP system for approval, Blanket Purchase Agreements are signed by contractors and handed over to the end users
• Expediting suppliers and end users to ensure prompt receipt of information in a timely manner and in line with procurement procedures
• Assisting the Senior Contracts Specialist in the analysis of end user needs and identifying repetitive orders so to recommend and establish potential Blanket Purchase Agreements
• Monitoring the expiration of existing Contracts & Blanket Purchase Agreements, ensuring that timely re-tendering and mobilisation for new engagements take place
• Processing variation requests for existing contracts and Blanket Purchase Agreements as and when requested by end users in line with the Procurement Directorate procedures
• Ensuring that all procurement activities are consistent with approved tenders and contract procedural requirements
• Bachelor’s degree qualification in Business Administration
• Around 2-5 years’ experience in procurement and tendering
• Excellent communication skills, particularly in writing reports
• Strong commercial background skills
• Excellent computer skills especially in MS Office and SAP
• Fluent in spoken and written English and Arabic
• Previous history of working internationally and in the Middle East
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Linum Consult is a niche global consultancy specialising in international recruitment of white collar workers across the Construction & Engineering, Mining and Oil & Gas sectors. We provide a full 360 consultancy service for clients, candidates and partners to eliminate the potential pitfalls of international mobilisation.
All Linum Consultants are industry experts with in country, international, multi-cultural experience. We provide precise market information combined with local knowledge to help facilitate informed decisions that are often life changing.