JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Client is a leading international contractor has an urgent requirement for a Contracts Manager for one of its Oil & Gas projects in Qatar.
This role is only suitable for single status with camp accommodation provided.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Report to the Project Manager
* Represent the company in a professional and diligent manner, developing a strong working relationship with the client
* Be responsible for the overall management of others within the Contracts Group
* Assist in formation of subcontracts including pre-contract activities, drafting agreements (with flow down conditions from the client contract), bidder commercial qualification, administration and evaluation of tenders, negotiations of terms and conditions and award
* Ensure that signed contracts are communicated to all relevant parties to provide contract visibility and awareness, interpretation to support implementation.
* Review and develop project contracts strategies, processes and procedures and communicate to relevant personnel
* Participate in kick off meetings with subcontractors and suppliers
* Manage others in post award administration including reviewing and drafting correspondence; payment applications, payment certificates and invoices; bonds, insurance and warranties.
* Develop, implement and oversee the management of key performance indicators for Contracts Group personnel, subcontractors and suppliers
* Oversee re-measurement and agreement of quantities
* Participate in periodic audits of subcontractors and suppliers
* Oversee the preparation of internal reports relating to subcontractors and suppliers
* Manage others and participate in the commercial administration and management of contracts including change management; preparation, negotiation and defence of claims and other associated commercial issues
* Oversee and participate in close out of contracts and deal with claims to satisfactory conclusions
* Attend meetings, interface and liaise with the client, subcontractors, other project departments and Management Office
* Monitor and ensure company compliance with contracts and agreements
* Manage others to ensure adequate project and contractual records are kept
* Provide contractual advice and training to company employees in contracting practices and procedures
* Contribute to risk management process and procedures
Suitable candidates who fulfill the following criteria are asked to apply.
Qualifications and Experience:
* Bachelor's Degree in engineering, quantity surveying, commercial management, law or other relevant field
* Have obtained chartered status, preferably with a relevant post graduate qualification
* Have 20 years' minimum experience in similar roles
* Have previous oil and gas experience or be able to demonstrate exposure in a relevant field
* Be contractually and commercially astute
* Be able to lead a multinational team and demonstrate good teamwork skills
* Preferably have experience of working in the Middle East
* Be fluent in spoken and written English (preference will be given to native English speakers)
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Blake Anderson is a boutique consultancy based in the UK, with a satellite office in Dubai. Specialising in Technical and Construction Recruitment, Blake Anderson provides a superior service to clients and candidates within the construction and technical sectors.
We concentrate on placing professionals throughout the world, focusing mainly on the Middle East and Asia, drawing on both the global and local markets for highly qualified professionals. In order to attract the best talent, we invest in various high-end advertising mediums.
With a database of 1,000's of candidates, our experienced consultants have a wealth of recruitment knowledge and have a consultative approach at all times, ensuring a second to none service.
Find Top Talent
Other jobs you might be interested inConstruction Manager Jobs in Qatar
Area Manager Jobs in Qatar
Technical Manager Jobs in Qatar