JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Job Title: Data Architect
Duration: Long Term
Location: Doha, Qatar
• To provide leadership and senior architectural advisory for the QF data. This will often include planning, resource allocation, and oversight of multiple projects, processes, and deliverables.
• The Data Architect is tasked design current and future Data environment, utilizemer-defined deliverables
• Develop architectural strategies for data modelling, design, and implementation to meet stated the latest technology and information management methodologies to meet organization requirements for effective logical data modelling, metadata management and database warehouse domains
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide cloud data systems expertise for proposals and other business development efforts Identify opportunities and contribute to proposal efforts
• Consults with clients to assess current problem states, define desired future states, define solution architecture, and make solutions recommendations
• Creates physical and logical architecture solution roadmaps for linking services solutions with client business processes and technologies.
• Defining the data architecture framework, standards, and principles, including modeling, metadata, security, reference data such as product codes and client categories, and master data such as clients, vendors, materials, and employees
• Defining reference architecture, which is a pattern others can follow to create and improve data systems
• Defining data flows, i.e., which parts of the organization generate data, which require data to function, how data flows are managed, and how data changes in transition
• Collaborating and coordinating with multiple departments, stakeholders, partners, and external vendors
• Properly evaluate sources of information to determine possible limitations in reliability or usability
• Apply sampling techniques to effectively determine and define ideal categories to be questioned Compare and analyze provided statistical information to identify patterns, relationships, and problems
• Define and utilize statistical methods to solve industry-specific problems in varying fields, such as economics and engineering
• Prepare detailed reports for management and other departments by analyzing and interpreting data
• In-depth understanding of database structure principles, data mining and segmentation techniques
• Selecting features, building, and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques and visualization tools.
• Design relational databases to support business enterprise applications and physical data
• modelling according to project requirements for data acquisition and security as well as custom requirements for metadata management, operational data stores and Extract Transform Load environments
• Create and test physical data models for a variety of business data, applications, database structures and metadata tables to meet operational goals for performance and efficiency Support database administrators, network designers and IT personnel to create effective and secure methods for data backup and recovery
• Review existing data architectures to determine overall effectiveness and compliance with original objectives, develop comprehensive strategies for improving or replacing underperforming areas and present these plans to managers and executives
• Research new technologies, data modeling methods and information management systems to determine which ones should be incorporated into company data architectures, and develop implementation timelines and milestones
• Developing machine learning, text extraction and image processing algorithms, and optimizing the existing algorithms.
• Extract/Transform/Load (ETLI processes for disparate data sources.
• Work with product management and business subject matter experts to translate business requirements into good database design
• In-depth knowledge of machine learning, text extraction and image processing techniques
• Applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
• Maintain a high level of professionalism in communication, coordination, providing work leadership, training, and other high-level interactions
• Ability to work in a highly visible role, dealing extensively with the management team and decision-makers in external organizations
• Ability to communicate technical and business problems in a non-technical manner Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a dynamic and high-pressure environment
• Proven ability to deliver tasks on· time and adherence to deadlines
• Proficiency with MS Office applications
• Strong presentation skills, with the ability to present to senior managers
• Proven ability to apply clear critical thinking in complex, stressful situations
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
• Strong proficiency in relational database management systems (MS SOL Server) and NoSQL databases.
• Strong proficiency in Excel, Power Bl, SSIS, PowerShell scripting.
• Experience with cloud and hybrid-cloud implementations including IaaS, PaaS and SaaS.
• 7+ years of experience working on solutions that collect, process, store and analyze large volumes of business-critical data.
• 3+ years of experience developing both multidimensional and tabular models with large and complex datasets
• 4+ years of Bl development experience using MS technology stack. Master data management system.
• Data modelling and data architecture design.
• Working within a project management/agile delivery methodology in a leading role as part of a wider team.
• ETL, data integration and data migration design.
• Designing and implementing Azure Data Analytics solutions.
• Deal with other stakeholders/ end users in the software development lifecycle - PMs, BAs, testing etc.
• Analysis and Solution Architecture Design. Data quality system and process design.
• Documentation of solutions (e.g., data models, configurations, and setup
• Bachelor's degree in information systems, computer science or computer engineering
Mandatory technology related certification:
• Azure Solutions architects and Azure Data Engineer Associate
• Mandatory: TOGAF 9.2 Certified
• Microsoft Certifications such as MCSA/MCSE, ITIL and others like Oracle Cloud Infrastructure certifications, Other
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Vistas Global is a diversified group of businesses with interests in technology (Vistas Global WLL, Momenta WLL), human capital, media (Vistas Media ME-FZ LLC), digital, food & beverage (Nushi, Haagen Dazs, Caliburger, Kamats), engineering (Vistas Security, Vistas Engineering) and real estate.
The group was founded by Suraj Thampi, an entrepreneur who pioneered the business process outsourcing concept in the Middle East in 1998. Having successfully built and sold three companies previously, Vistas is now his fourth venture in the region. In a short period of time, Vistas has emerged as one of the largest professional service companies in the region, employing over 1,300 people across 5 continents, 8 Offices and 5 Time Zones.