JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
• Supports the SPM Engineering and Interfaces Manager in providing direction and management of the Electrical design requirements for the Lusail project.
• Interfaces with the Consultant’s Design Team to monitor schedule and budget performance. Reviews, coordinates and monitors the works of all Electrical designers to provide guidance regarding the vision of Lusail and project requirements and specifications.
• A key function is to manage the responses to design RFIs, review/comment on Change Orders, and provide overall supervision for the design direct reports, while managing schedule and budget control.
• Responsible for management of the delivery of the design of the various Electrical projects by verifying consistency in the design with respect to adherence to the design criteria and required standards.
• Participates in the VE and manage all VE studies, constructability and other workshops; and drives the on-schedule submittal of the Electrical design deliverables.
• Keeps Project Management Team constantly informed as to changes made in the field to ensure timely processing of contract change orders.
• Prepares weekly work load reports, monitors the progress of work accomplished and reports to the higher management and the client.
• Serves as primary interface with the design consultants in performing design reviews or addressing construction-related issues related to the electrical systems.
• Regularly interacts with the client to share and understand the on-going design and construction issues
• Maintains overall knowledge of drawings, specifications, general contracts and time schedules related to the various Electrical works.
• Ensures all Electrical design works are comprehensive and discussed with the various engineers for the best implementation and installation of services in coordination with other parties and contractor.
• May participate in negotiations with regulatory agencies in public meetings to support the client in matters related to the Electrical works.
• Provides necessary technical support and design review / audit services to project management team ensuring the correctness and quality of implementation of requirements.
• Understands all related codes and their application to the project; and overseas/manages the interface with local agencies to coordinate design standards usage and monthly approvals’ process.
• 4-year degree in Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent technical degree
• Registration as a professional engineer is preferred.
• 15 years of related work experience, including demonstrated experience in a long term high value project from design phase through to construction.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.